Help! Browning 525 or Beretta Silver Pigeon 1.

Shropshire_Lad

Change the cartrige not the pad. Use hull comp x 28g plastic or 21g plastic, compare them to the cartriges you use now, I often shoot 200 cartriges on the sporting and 25 carts on the skeet a day with the comp x 28g loads in a couple hours through my SP1 field 28" gun and never have a sore shoulder, I'm 6 ft and fairly well built, Forgot to mention Im only wearing a shirt and skeet vest with very minimal padding. I've used about 5 or 6 different makes and nothing compares to them price wise and recoil wise... Don't say no without trying, they sound too good to be true but they are amazing. Put the comp x in the second barrel and yyour cartrige in the first barrel. Shoot yours first then the comp x second and compare, you will be shocked. This is no word of a lie

Edited by Beretta Italy

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a hard decision to change from the 525 to the SP. and wayed up a couple of things like medical conditions amongst other things and found out bit by bit the more I improved my shooting, found that I like the way beretta's handled better.

I have recently switched to Hull comp X 21 and 28G cartridges which have got to be the best cartridge. I am just clearing out the Lyvales and have used Lyvales in beretta's without any problems at all. When I go shooting I can fire off up to 250 cartridges at a time, just this last trip out I really felt the recoil from the start of the shooting, which I have never felt before.

I picked up the SP this afternoon and gave it a test run, although my score was not the best, the lyvale's did not cause any problems, though I will be glad when I have used them all.

Shropshire Lad that SP looks a nice gun, and only a few cartridges fired through it, nice find.

Edited by BerettaSV10

It was a hard decision to change from the 525 to the SP. and wayed up a couple of things like medical conditions amongst other things and found out bit by bit the more I improved my shooting, found that I like the way beretta's handled better.

I have recently switched to Hull comp X 21 and 28G cartridges which have got to be the best cartridge. I am just clearing out the Lyvales and have used Lyvales in beretta's without any problems at all. When I go shooting I can fire off up to 250 cartridges at a time, just this last trip out I really felt the recoil from the start of the shooting, which I have never felt before.

I picked up the SP this afternoon and gave it a test run, although my score was not the best, the lyvale's did not cause any problems, though I will be glad when I have used them all.

Shropshire Lad that SP looks a nice gun, and only a few cartridges fired through it, nice find.

Perfect, you're on to a winner! is it 30" barrels? I was told barrel length helps reduce felt recoil and muzzle flip.

Perfect, you're on to a winner! is it 30" barrels? I was told barrel length helps reduce felt recoil and muzzle flip.

Yes, its 30" barrels, my prefered choice, don't know if the extra 2" helps recoil and muzzle flip. I find picking up a 28" and a 30" the 30" versions are always easier to line up on the clays to me.

I did exactly that last weekend.

I put an old 28 g carttridge in the bottom barrel and a Hull Comp X 28 gr in the top and noticed a huge difference.

That was In a new Silver Pigeon 1 Sporter.

Hull are cheaper than my others too so think I'll be sticking with them for a while.

V

Don't say no without trying, they sound too good to be true but they are amazing.

Actually they sound awful, been stopped twice by other shooters and told to check my barrels for obstructions and i dont know what powder they use but it stinks! Kills clays great! But i do like the flames out of barrels i get with Victory Compak's! Especially at disk!

Guest cookoff013

i went from a 686e to a mk70sport.

in the transition i lost 2" off the barrel too. in my whole hearted opinion. the mk70 is way better gun. the finish is better, the action is very tidy. it is a sweet gun.

i seriously think the mk is the most underated gun in history. i shot well with both. but the handling of the mk is better. i`ve not put any big carts through it yet. but dont expect to.

if i ever found myself without one, i`d just buy another just like that. same 28" mc 12gauge.

i`ve even been toying with the idea of a 28 gauge....

i went from a 686e to a mk70sport.

in the transition i lost 2" off the barrel too. in my whole hearted opinion. the mk70 is way better gun. the finish is better, the action is very tidy. it is a sweet gun.

i seriously think the mk is the most underated gun in history. i shot well with both. but the handling of the mk is better. i`ve not put any big carts through it yet. but dont expect to.

if i ever found myself without one, i`d just buy another just like that. same 28" mc 12gauge.

i`ve even been toying with the idea of a 28 gauge....

I have to say your not the first person who has held that opinion....... I was toying with the idea of a 20 gauge.

Guest cookoff013

yeah,

its just, i load my own cartridges, so any advantages the different gauges are going to are lost due to me loading.

i`ve made 12g 32g subsonic #4 and they rock, a child could use them, seriously, one handed.

i`ve made 24g and 28g #4 loads at 1400fps. awsome cartridges.

so the 20 gauge will end up used less. 21g #6 only.. so, i dunno,

Well I got to use the beretta for the first time this afternoon, my wife and two daughters came along to Doveridge for a couple of hours. Great fun and I shot as well as I ever have with it. The longer barrels realy do keep going on those longer crossers and at the tower it came into its own. Very pleased :D

atvb Paul.

Were you in the the garden or the skeet section, I like doverage as theres a varied layouts to test you. I have not tried the skeet stands there but they do look well laid out.

Glad you like the SP, was talking to Tom at WMSG last week about the choice I made about swapping the SP for the 525 and the SP felt a lot easier to hold and handle. At the time he had a new 686E as well redudued to £1300 which made it another hard choice, in the end the SP won.

Should be going to WMSG again on Tues to give it another run out.

We started on the skeet for the girls to get used to the gun again as its been a while since they shot one. Then we had a go on the high tower, then the compact sporting (not many traps working there) then finished up on the sporting layout the other side of the road going up the vally. Great fun and they all realy enjoyed it.

atvb Paul.

Not tried the compact sporting there, where do you access from? Been up the valley some tuff stands up there but was very windy the day we went and the first couple of stands were out of action as the wind was blowing the clays the wrong way.

The ones in the garden (through the gate with the sign on) a bit easier than the vally but they can still be tricky things.

The ones running from the gaden to the valley seam to miss a fair few of them fast little things.

Then theres the 2 by the lake (pond) seam to be ok with them (still miss a fair few).

the compact sporting is at the end of the skeet layouts after the high tower, as I said only four traps working there. Never shot the garden course yet, will have to have a look at that next time. Very, very moreish but four shooting out of one pocket is a bit of a stinger! :lol: The ones that were catching me out were the ones that zoom up and stall, found myself poking at them at the top, not sure how you are surposed to shoot them as they look unmissable but miss I did!

atvb Paul.

The ones that were catching me out were the ones that zoom up and stall, found myself poking at them at the top, not sure how you are surposed to shoot them as they look unmissable but miss I did!

Springing teal? swing through (and as soon as your ahead) BANG no messing, waiting for them to stop is possible but frought...

the compact sporting is at the end of the skeet layouts after the high tower, as I said only four traps working there. Never shot the garden course yet, will have to have a look at that next time. Very, very moreish but four shooting out of one pocket is a bit of a stinger! :lol:

atvb Paul.

Not been down that end of the site, but worth checking out next time I go, it is moreish, I take 250 carts and fire them all.

Springing teal? swing through (and as soon as your ahead) BANG no messing, waiting for them to stop is possible but frought...

yes, a version of that but this one seemed to stay still in the sky going away and up, would have thought you could have shot it with the HMR!lol I hit one missed one kind of thing :blush: