which light?

rickardo

Hi,

Was looking for something more compact than the 170 which I use on the 223 for the new Hornet. Looked at both the Clulite Masterlite Supreme kit and the Deben Tracer Ledray Tactical 700 (Deben do do a sort of equivalent to the Clulite but for me the beam was too wide). Either will do you and the Clulite is a self contained unit. The 700 has a 4Ah lithium battery, so no weight to speak of and a 6 hour burn time. As either will do, it'll probably come down to price but if this is of no consequence, then the 700 beam is something else so I've got it for the Hornet. Therefore, with the LR, there's no problem.

Cheers

Deben Tracer Max I've found to be good. Smaller than the 170 LF and more than enough for a rimfire. 300 metre beam (says 400 I think on the packet but not really) and you get used to the battery as it's not too heavy in a big jacket pocket or on your belt.

The Tracer Max comes with the dimmer which is really useful.

I recently was looking in the led lights from deben and the tracer max pro.

In the end I decided on the tracer max pro for several reasons.

1 If the buld blows in the max pro it is easy to replace, if a led blows (i know they have a long life) your tourch is effectively knackered.

2 There are a lot more electrics in the led ones to go wrong (resistors and such)

3 The max pro can be powered by any 12 volt sorce.

4 The max pro has a dimmer allowing close distance work like the led and full power exceeds the led if required.

5 Price of the max pro if you hunt about is a lot cheaper.

On the downside to the max pro its runtime is 1.5 hours compared to 8, but realisticly speaking 1.5 hours continuous use is a long time and you will not be having it on the entire time you go out.

I personaly use a hand held to find the rabbits then once located switch to the max pro on the gun to take the shot. Light is on for a max of 20 seconds per shot.

Hope this helps

Steve

I would echo the other guys, I have Deben tracer max..love the stock mounted switch and dimmer control. Useful beam adjuster on the back of the lamp too..

I have army surplus webbing for my rounds and battery etc as any weight is sweetly distributed. Works a treat for me but I guess it's like anything it's down to personal preference!