Oh Dear..... number 2

bigstevouk

Following on the previous thread of being stuck, on a local shoot that we go on they have changed the field boundaries and the irrigation of the flood plain and it seems after some rain recently that the field next to this is now holding water, well we have been round this field hundreds of times and never had a problem even in the worst rains but the other night KennyB gives me a call and is stuck upto the axles.... :lol: Well to cut a long story short my little Vitara is half the weight of Kenny's Sorento and i tryed all i could to tow it out even with lockers on and big mud tyres but it wouldn't budge... So i thought i'd give the winch a go, being a 12t winch it pulled the Sorento out pretty well and sunk my Vitara in the mud in the process but that came out easily, only took one picture as the iphone is rubbish with no flash and this was the seen when i got there >>>>> :good:

post-14424-0-79586100-1298292657.jpg

Being fairly new to shooting i still get that little giggly kid inside me laughing like a drain when i drive off road. Its like i shouldnt be doing it or something but knowing you wont get caught (If that makes sense).

It usually comes to a grinding halt when 2 tonnes of Shogun nose dives up to the axles in s**te. All the older more sensible chaps then get out of their landrovers and look at me like i have just crappped on their living room carpets.

I then set about my gearbox like an olympic rower, forwards backward repeat repeat clutch melting tyres smoking lots of noise and revving of engine. By pure fluke it usually extricates itself and i then turn to my audience with a smug look across my fizog only to be met by shaking heads muttered threats of then burning that pile of Jap **** next time i do it. :lol:

Does it put me off? Does it ekkers like

My turn today, having never been stuck beyond my own abilities to get out before. I was doing OK as I went over a grass field, but the next bit of ground was holding too much water, so I turned to go up the slope to a bit of higher land, thinking it would be drier. It was not!

The farmer came round with his 4x4 pickup, but could not shift me, in fact I was worried he would get stuck too. He sent the tractor round and all was well in the end, though he was not happy as he thought the tractor would muck up the field too much.

Oh well, if he is a bit unhappy with me it'll be the first time.

It could happen to anyone there is so much water in the ground at present. There are areas on our shoot where Land Rovers fear to tread yet in two months time we'll wonder what all the fuss was about. I've just driven past a field I used to shoot over, it's set with brassicas at the moment, and a bloomin' great 4X4 tractor was stuck up to its axles churning slimy mud and needing another to pull it out.