Golf GTI

Berelli

I've got a mark 6 one of these it is the best motor I have ever owned. The drive is superb It is so solid and goes really well, the overall feel of the car is of a well sorted motor. It is probably the one thing that I have brought that has been better than I'd imagined. Just what to share this with you. ( I don't work for VW)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a mark 6 one of these it is the best motor I have ever owned. The drive is superb It is so solid and goes really well, the overall feel of the car is of a well sorted motor. It is probably the one thing that I have brought that has been better than I'd imagined. Just what to share this with you. ( I don't work for VW)

You have not owned a R32 then :P

Ian.

I did look at the "R" but I didn't think the extra money was worth it, have you got the "R"?. The R32 is a fantastic motor and an excellent second hand buy, but not sure if I could afford to keep filling it up.

The R32 is actually slower than the scirocco 2.0 tsi. (the same engine in the gti) and far more economical yet to mention cheaper to tax and insure. That is from a rolling start though. The 4motion is brilliant for grip though. After a in house remap by a vw dealership to 240hp has the same power but minus the weight of the 4 wheel drive and and 3.2 ltr engine.

Joe

The R32 is actually slower than the scirocco 2.0 tsi. (the same engine in the gti) and far more economical yet to mention cheaper to tax and insure. That is from a rolling start though. The 4motion is brilliant for grip though. After a in house remap by a vw dealership to 240hp has the same power but minus the weight of the 4 wheel drive and and 3.2 ltr engine.

Joe

Joe, if you want a quick VW then buy the Edition 30 GTI, 240BHP as standard, with a remap takes it up to 300BHP :good: detuned Audi S3 engine!

couple that with a filter and exhaust and your hitting 315-320BHP and quicker than most road cars through the gears!

and you can get an edition30 for about 12-14k! :hmm:

4 wheel drive is for landrovers! :yp:

Joe, if you want a quick VW then buy the Edition 30 GTI, 240BHP as standard, with a remap takes it up to 300BHP :good: detuned Audi S3 engine!

couple that with a filter and exhaust and your hitting 315-320BHP and quicker than most road cars through the gears!

and you can get an edition30 for about 12-14k! :hmm:

4 wheel drive is for landrovers! :yp:

A friend of mine bought the gti pirelli second hand which is basically the same car as the edition 30 minus the horrible seats. Same engine and got it remapped by vw racing. still keeps the full warranty and its around the 300hp mark. Utterly insane to drive and very expensive to run due to it needing a new pair of front tires every 12,000 miles!

Joe