F U D 's

poacher13

Hi all

Has anyone tried the new type of deek the neoprene FUD's if so do you rate them and did you do anything different with them??? i have recently got some and would love to know if or how they compete with normal plastic deek.

Cheers.

In my opinion there sh.t seen them used and they looked small, dark and you can't get them to move, if your looking for decoys for pigeon I don't think you can beat flocked half shells with spring sticks.

even in a slight breeze you can get movement.

good luck T

It depends on what is important to you, if you don't like lugging loads of bulky equipment around, as I don't, them they are great.

i use them and I'm very happy with them, they take up less room than shells and they don't get chipped, they seem to bring them in very well but they are a bit dark and heavy.

Most decoys will work to some degree but I still think they bring them in with a bit more confidence than when I used non flocked shells, and I haven't used my shells since getting the Fuds.

Next time I go out I may try a little experiment - 6 shells and 6 fuds 20 yards appart and see where they prefer to land (probably in the middle!) might get an idea of which they feel most comfortable with.

It depends on what is important to you, if you don't like lugging loads of bulky equipment around, as I don't, them they are great.

i use them and I'm very happy with them, they take up less room than shells and they don't get chipped, they seem to bring them in very well but they are a bit dark and heavy.

Most decoys will work to some degree but I still think they bring them in with a bit more confidence than when I used non flocked shells, and I haven't used my shells since getting the Fuds.

Next time I go out I may try a little experiment - 6 shells and 6 fuds 20 yards appart and see where they prefer to land (probably in the middle!) might get an idea of which they feel most comfortable with.

I done a little experiment some time ago using 6 fuds,6 silosocs and 6 half shell decoys,i set them all in a almost identical patter pigeons flew over the socs and shell and landed amongst the fuds,plus they stayed on the ground feeding.I cant remember the tallys for the test but the fuds won hands down,as mentione by another poster since i got the fuds i havent used any thing else.

I've now had chance to use to use the fuds a few times. Recently i have had bags of 101 and 43 while using them. I think they are a good, realistic decoy. Time will tell if they stand up to alot of use/abuse. Decoys don't need to move to be able to bring pigeons in.

Hi all

Has anyone tried the new type of deek the neoprene FUD's if so do you rate them and did you do anything different with them??? i have recently got some and would love to know if or how they compete with normal plastic deek.

Cheers.

i use them along with shells and nothing wrong with them at all they work very well..

and to add i have put a couple of pics on craft and diy section if you want to modify them to get them above taller crops;ie beet tops; peas; rape in april etc etc very easy to do and works :good:

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion there sh.t seen them used and they looked small, dark and you can't get them to move, if your looking for decoys for pigeon I don't think you can beat flocked half shells with spring sticks.

even in a slight breeze you can get movement.

:stupid: However......Well set out dead birds in the pattern need a lot of beating...

TEH

I done a little experiment some time ago using 6 fuds,6 silosocs and 6 half shell decoys,i set them all in a almost identical patter pigeons flew over the socs and shell and landed amongst the fuds,plus they stayed on the ground feeding.I cant remember the tallys for the test but the fuds won hands down,as mentione by another poster since i got the fuds i havent used any thing else.

Not realy a fair test. The other decoy patterns may have pushed the birds over to the fud pattern.

You should have switched the patterns about to see if the birds would only come into the fuds.

As Iv already said ,IMO, they work, but no better than any other decoy.

a couple of birds even fed alonside (within 3") of the fuds total and complete acceptance!!! cracking bit of kit!

Exactly what they do when they come in to flocked shells, although I normaly shoot them before they land ;)

Edited by chrispti

If you meant CARTRIDGE to kill RATIO, then no mate, no where near as good as yours :no: coz your awesome :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Yes i shoot before they land too Chris,very un-sporting to shoot them in the decoys when they have landed :yes: if you choose to use theses tactics, it would be cheaper to use a air rifle :yes::yes:

Get ready for INCOMING :lol::lol::lol::lol: BB

Edited by Bluebarrels