Another Scope Thread

dead-eye-dick

There seems to be alot of 'scope related chat on here recently.

I am in the market for some new glass and have been searching the internet and looking at some of the old scopes we all collect in cupboards.

I want something to go on my .17HMR so a reasonable mag is required as I like to see what I am abliterating :lol: I also dont want something which weighs as much as a small planet.. :)

I would like a fine illuminated rectical, for night work.

I currently have a S&B 8x56 on it, which is almost 800g on it's own, so around this sort of weight will be ok.

Does anyone have any ideas, which will tick the above boxes - if so I would be greatfull to hear them.

Do any of you have any experiance of 'AGS'

Thanks Dead-Eye

Edited by dead-eye-dick

I run a Nikko Stirling Nighteater 6-24x56 30 mm tube. Its not that weighty and the saddle paralax is great. The fine mil-dot recticle is also illuminated and works very well at dusk and night. It comes with a removable side wheel and 75mm sunshade. If you get one from Optics Warehouse it certainly wont break the bank. Overall, I am extremely happy with it.

6-24x56AGill.jpg

looks ok - can the parrallax be used without that sidewheel.

How heavy is it, it says 750g but some of the Hawke scopes claim to be 500g ish but when I've weighed them they are more like 800g. (I don't want to much weight as I may use it on the .22lr for standing shots at night)

Thanks Dead-Eye