Beretta Silver Pigeon One - Sporter

Thunderbird

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah absolutely it's down to the shooter but in this case you do in fact get 'a lot of gun for the money.'

My local club were 'oo-ing' and 'aah-ing' about it's Optibore barrels, now I don't have a clue what they are nor do I especially care, but if I break loads of clays with it and when I sell it I get an extra couple of hundred quid because 'it's the one with the Optibore barrels etc' then I'm happy.

It fits me lovely too and having fired the Browning / Miroku / Beretta etc this gun is the best I have tried. I do think it's going to have an excellent following and is likely to have a good resale market too.

@Dunc - SP3, nice looking piece that, I tried one too.

Edited by Thunderbird

That will be the SP "Universal" that preceded the SP1 multichoke we are talking about. Lovely gun - shot it at the CLA game fair last year on the CA "Have a Go" stand. Bust all the clays put up no problem.

The gun you shot at was the Field version, but it can also be used as beautiful clay gun as its slightly heavier then a normal field gun, best of both worlds. Do you remember if it was 28 or 30" barrels?

Yeah absolutely it's down to the shooter but in this case you do in fact get 'a lot of gun for the money.'

My local club were 'oo-ing' and 'aah-ing' about it's Optibore barrels, now I don't have a clue what they are nor do I especially care, but if I break loads of clays with it and when I sell it I get an extra couple of hundred quid because 'it's the one with the Optibore barrels etc' then I'm happy.

It fits me lovely too and having fired the Browning / Miroku / Beretta etc this gun is the best I have tried. I do think it's going to have an excellent following and is likely to have a good resale market too.

@Dunc - SP3, nice looking piece that, I tried one too.

I ummed and arred a bit too long - phoned back yesterday with a view to going down to buy it but SOLD! Doh! The price, as it turned out was very right and soembody beat me to it!

Kicking myself! :mad:

PS/Edit They have a couple of Berettas in with 32" barrels for me to try, but sadly not an SP3.

Problem is now I've tried one, had a go and admired the workmanship, I want one :/

Edited by The Duncan

Just bought myself one of these, tried the field and the sporter but felt much better with the field, decided on the 30" model as it just felt so much better than the 28" in my opinion, the gun looks and feels stunning, I really can't wait to get out with it now, the engraving is really tidy, well impressed so far

I have just looked at this gun in the flesh and even the wood appears to be of a very nice standard.

After visiting a couple of gun shops in the area the best price I have been offered for the sporter is £1250 with the worst price being £1425. How does this compare with everyone else. It seems to fit like a glove and was beautifully balanced straight off the shelf.

V

After visiting a couple of gun shops in the area the best price I have been offered for the sporter is £1250 with the worst price being £1425. How does this compare with everyone else.

About right - GMK sell them at £950, then add your dealership profit margin and then VAT - I paid 1045 + vat for mine 2 days ago :) And am very much looking forward to using it tomorrow :)

The sporter is £1240 and the field is £1210 by me.

Hi, I phoned Tom about a left hand sporter version, the rep had just been in and told him not yet made. Phoned a few off guntrader and and five or so have them on their shelves! Just want to handle the sporter before parting with my money, at the price of these I could afford to keep my sxs for the rough shooting.

atvb Paul.

Hi, I phoned Tom about a left hand sporter version, the rep had just been in and told him not yet made. Phoned a few off guntrader and and five or so have them on their shelves! Just want to handle the sporter before parting with my money, at the price of these I could afford to keep my sxs for the rough shooting.

atvb Paul.

Interesting, unless they are "bending stocks in house" I was behind a guy at a clay shoot today with what looked alot the new sporter but didnt get to ask him (it did have a beretta sticker on the bottom barrel

How on earth did you find out what GMK sell them for? In my opinion it would be very unprofessional for a dealer to give you this information so I'm just interested.

Dealer was on the phone to them to get me a price, then told me the workings - I dont consider that to be unprofessional, more rather straight up and honest as to where the money is going!

About right - GMK sell them at £950, then add your dealership profit margin and then VAT - I paid 1045 + vat for mine 2 days ago :) And am very much looking forward to using it tomorrow :)

I actually thought the dealer would make more on it than that.

Seems I'll not get one much cheaper than the £1250 quoted then. Sadly they are selling very well and he only had the display gun left and I just wanted one straight out of the box.

V