Beretta Silver Pigeon One - Sporter

Thunderbird

The cheapest Sporter I found was £1255 (inc VAT), but that was at a dealer 75 miles away. I got it from my local gun shop which is within walking distance of my house, more money but balanced by no petrol / RFD costs.

Well, I have read this thread, read the reviews in the magazines, spoken with numerous gunshops and extensively tried the Sporter for fit and can find no fault.

One dealer even admitted I would be better off buying this gun new instead of another second hand model at similar price. Reason being that this gun will no doubt hold its value and it would be sometime before a second hand gun comes on the market.

I have looked at numerous guns and I have now finally made my decision............... Beretta new silver pigeon 30" sporter ordered and should arrive sometime before the weekend!!

V

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually thought the dealer would make more on it than that.

Seems I'll not get one much cheaper than the £1250 quoted then. Sadly they are selling very well and he only had the display gun left and I just wanted one straight out of the box.

V

I would think like most things if they order 3+ or deals on "one to show 3 to go" etc its all about volume these days.

most retailers will make 30%+ mark up, Tesco etc a lot more.... I do know of someone who had a "trade pricelist" and showed prices above the market price of the guns in guntrader etc

The cheapest Sporter I found was £1255 (inc VAT), but that was at a dealer 75 miles away. I got it from my local gun shop which is within walking distance of my house, more money but balanced by no petrol / RFD costs.

I have now finally taken the plunge and purchased the 30" Sporter at £1225 with a free slip which even has a choke pocket. Seems a brilliant price to me and I m really impressed with the gun.

Just love it and even enjoy the chore of cleaning it after a shoot.

V

I have now finally taken the plunge and purchased the 30" Sporter at £1225 with a free slip which even has a choke pocket. Seems a brilliant price to me

It is if that is the new silver pig... It has cost me £75 quid more to get today...

It appears if you want the new sporter with 30", then they are like rocking horse ****.

Pick mine up on Sunday...

It is if that is the new silver pig... It has cost me £75 quid more to get today...

It appears if you want the new sporter with 30", then they are like rocking horse ****.

Pick mine up on Sunday...

It certainly is the new Silver Pigeon Sporter with 30" Optima Bore multi chokes and is beautiful.

Seems a lot of dealers are struggling to keep up with demand which was possibly contributed to by the article in a recent popular shooting magazine where it scored a whopping 93 out of 100.

Love it and just posted asking for tips on keeping it looking good as want to keep it like new.

Spiderdude, you will not regret your purchase and let us know how you get on with it. Mine fitted nicely straight out of the box ( still can't hit anything but at least I can look the part :lol: )

Bet you can't wait for Sunday !

V

Every dealer I spoke to said it was a fantastic bit of kit and Beretta have pitched the price perfectly!

Just cartridges to decide on now..

Going off the game version there deffnately a great gun.

For clays Hull Comp X 21G fbre or plastic (depending on any ground restrictions).

I should be shooting it Thursday at coniston so not too long a wait

I queried the stock wax and my dealer said it didn't need it, i mentioned what's happened to yours spiderdude and they dismissed it as the oils coming out, think I'll play it causes and get some wax ordered