First fox with the hmr

reegy

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't head shoot them with mine at all, boiler room shot imobilises them with far less risk of just hitting the jaw etc. If they run a bit the dog is usually with me but they very rarely do. The only two I had that did were one after the other when using the 20 grain HP's However I wouldn't put one in the boiler room over about 80 yards

The authorities here take a dim view of foxing with HMR, and I can see their point, although with the 20grn heads and at short range it ought to be humane.

I won't be trying it myself though, if I need a fox gun I'll buy a Hornet.

depends what part of the country you are in... some forces are more than happy to stipulate that the HMR is ok for Fox and state so on some FAC.

There is no doubt at the right range the HMR is more than adequate, but after that i'd be happier using the .223! :yes:

Our fire arms officer does allow hmr for fox control,it was a very calm evening no wind and safe shot so i have no reason not to shoot,a dead fox is a good fox in my opinion if it had been a windy evening i would not off fired and i said it was around 160n yards i dont have range finder to be exact :yes:

160 yard shot with a hmr to the head is plain crazy

a inch out and you could have blinded the fox or hit it in the jaw...

i have a hmr and use it on crows and magpies...if im out foxing its a 22/250.

im not saying a hmr wont do the job on a fox but show it some respect and shoot it at a decent range say less than 80 yards...

how would you feel if it ran of with its jaw hanging off!!!

Our fire arms officer does allow hmr for fox control,it was a very calm evening no wind and safe shot so i have no reason not to shoot,a dead fox is a good fox in my opinion if it had been a windy evening i would not off fired and i said it was around 160n yards i dont have range finder to be exact :yes:

Mate let it go over your head we all do!! :rolleyes: Well done nice shooting :shoot: