Advertisers etc

Nobody is talking about bungs just freedom of speech !

The Whole point is TOTAL freedom of speech comes at a price .......No sponser ........no forum ;) .............Because I can't see alot of shooters paying a subscription charge judging by the small amount of site supporters who have made donations ;)

Ive

That is true,but if I have set my mind on buying xyz pecker and if the site sponsor does not make it no amount of supressing discussion on this forum will change my mind.I think the site perhaps needs more sponsors so all the balls are not in one court !

And please don't think that I have a problem with Uk Shootwarehouse,I have bought tons of gear from them and they take some beating on price.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steady lads. ;)

Those Rules were set at the beginning of this site by the Owner , before I arrived and before UK ShootWarehouse were the Sponsors.

The Rules are nothing to do with UK ShootWarehouse.

The previous Site Sponsor operated under the same Rules.

"

[quote (M ROBSON @ Mar 12 2006, 08:42 PM)

I'm certain he doesn't like to restrict peoples freedom of speach.

Well Mark, I wish I could agree with you but............

Quote cranners

I am an unpaid Moderator of this site upholding the Rules, I don't make them.

Although I do agree with them. ]"

I stand by my comment, which has nothing to do with freedom of speech.

This Website is owned by an individual and he decides the Rules.

Its not a democracy/ a cooperative/ or anything similar.

The Forum has operated for some long time and the Rules have rarely become an issue.

At the end of the day, we have to remember this is an Internet Forum, please lets keep things in perspective. ;)

Steady lads. ;)

Those Rules were set at the beginning of this site by the Owner , before I arrived and before UK ShootWarehouse were the Sponsors.

"

[quote (M ROBSON @ Mar 12 2006, 08:42 PM)

I'm certain he doesn't like to restrict peoples freedom of speach.

Well Mark, I wish I could agree with you but............

Quote cranners

I am an unpaid Moderator of this site upholding the Rules, I don't make them.

Although I do agree with them. ]"

I stand by my comment, which has nothing to do with freedom of speech.

The Forum has operated for some long time and the Rules have rarely become an issue.

At the end of the day, we have to remember this is an Internet Forum, please lets keep things in perspective. ;)

Well you have been on the forum for a long time so I respect your views I am only a new boy !

Come on Girls.......you`re on the net and expecting it to drop in your lap ;)

ask the Q and if you get an answer that is consistent.......it may be that this is the "danglers"

If someone gives a vociferous tirage against it then PM the parties involved.

Don`t think i will shy away from Will B,if he is out of order I will delete etc. I was given a job to do and No-one(Teal excluded)is immune.

That was my brief......end of.

Firstly, I think the Moderators and the Site Administrator do a great job. I have been on this site for a long time, since before the present sponsor, and the sponsor before that, and the time period when we almost lost the site do to Will not being able to afford to run it anymore. Its a great site, and keeps getting better.

As I understand it you are allowed to discuss other equiptment, just not allowed to post other equiptment suppliers, web links or go on about their companies. Seems fare to me as they are not flipping the bill for those of us that play on here. For those that have a real problem with this there are two ways to look at it follow the forum rules as they have been set down, and treat people with respect or LEAVE.

NTTF

NT who was the sponser before that? .... I cant remember??? ... its been a long time I know and all this cider has ad me brain ?

Buzz ;)

P.S ya better PM it to me ....dont want to cause any bother with adds ect ;)

Edited by buzzer1

As I understand it you are allowed to discuss other equiptment, just not allowed to post other equiptment suppliers, web links or go on about their companies.

NTTF

No names or links were mentioned, just info/feedback wanted.

This has now been well aired reasons explained and should be put to rest.

Deleting posts without an explenation was the main problem !

Tam.

.............Because I can't see alot of shooters paying a subscription charge judging by the small amount of site supporters who have made donations

Ive

a few people did offer a few weeks back and was told it was not needed at this moment in time . put people off like this in an open forum and nobody offers.

i dont mind being a site supporter and i no bounty hunter also offered.

so where do we stand ;)

Teal is travelling at the moment, but I know he is satisfied with the way the Site is funded at present and has appreciated members offers of financial assistance. ;)

Dispensing with Advertisers and charging subscriptions, which is being suggested by some members, has been considered before and is very difficult to administer and has other ramifications.

I for one would be happy to pay a subscription to the site, but I can see that the forum would dry up if this was enforced. I'm not too sure how many people would want to subscribe.

I realise that the sponsors have paid to advertise but I really dont see how that should include removal of our freedom of speech on the forum. I agree that members should not promote companies in thier signatures and posts, but surely we should be able to discuss products and post links to specific items.

We have seen alot of posts deleted and moderated lately and I understand why, there is a need to do this. I for one enjoy the forum the way it is and can see it going down hill if people are aloud to run riot.

I don't agree with the attacks on the Moderators, they do a great Job and are only upholding the rules of the forum. They should get a pat on the back in my opinion, as without thier efforts the forum would be a worse place to be.

Just my two pennies.

hi all

so does anyone know what,and who,s items are open for discusion.

Thats an interesting question Mark. And I bet pound to a pinch of **** the moderators haven't got the answer to

<<<Rule about Signatures>>>

It isn't the first time this topic has been brought up and seems to drag on for days until moderator pulls plug cos the answer to the 64 thousand dollar question cannot be answered

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...showtopic=12510

Seems that is you mention anywhere on the planet to buy anything to do with decoying other than name at top of forum your thread gets pulled

Mention a gunshop that sells decoying gear(which almost every shop I have bought from does) The thread stays up. Also there is an ever increasing list

Try type in Paul Harts web site and post on forum and it comes out in wingdings ? And as far as I am aware his is the only site that does ?

So from what I have deciphered from all this if you don't buy it from forum sponsor you aint getting the ink on the page man ;):);)

Jonno

Edited by jonno 357

Sems to me we've been here (numerous) times before.

I'm a businessman and quite frankly if I pay a fee to sponsor something I DO NOT expect anyone else ESPECIALLY my competitors to get a leg up on my back. Especially those competitors who do not run a bona fide business (ebay, no vat, no tax etc get my drift).Take a look at any sports sponsorship the Olympics etc...you won't see Coke and Pepsi alongside each other unless they've agreed a joint deal (hell'll probably freeze first).

Sponsorship is advertising, an accepted form of advertising it's paid for by that advertising gaining customers for the sponsor who quite rightly will get b***** miffed if all they get is stuffed!

I'm not taking anyones side even though I think Mr Beasley's a very very nice man :) I cringe at some of the comments on here and the (underhand) ways in which names get banded about. Discuss products by all means, the good the bad and the just plain ugly, after all Which magazine (are they still going or am I just old) do it/did it all the time but leave out the oh so obvious **** licking, but* kicking adverts for your pals. If you want to give someone a name be discreet and use PM.

This forum is FREE to all comers thanks I guess to the sponsors so give 'em a little slack and a chance to make some dosh. After all what's business for if not to make a buck or two and s'long as it's legit that's OK by me & it should be OK by you guys too.

As a business person myself I have total confidence in the products i sell and every so often customers try other products/brands from our competitors which is there right but i have enough belief that they will come back to us.

Mr Beasley cannot expect everyone on this site to purchase from him and surely he can not be scared of a few other retailers being mentioned. If he is competitive with his prices and offers the best customer service then after trying other retailers people will realise that it is easier dealing with him.

I like many others want the best products at the best price so that is the challenge to Mr Beasley can you supply us with those two things if so he should not have a problem with selling to people using this site.

At the end of the day, we have to remember this is an Internet Forum, please lets keep things in perspective. :thumbs:

That quote is from an earlier post I made on this thread.

It explains that "Mr Beasley" doesn't make the Rules on this site.

I like many others want the best products at the best price so that is the challenge to Mr Beasley can you supply us with those two things if so he should not have a problem with selling to people using this site.

Well you've already got the best products at the best prices AND you get a bloomin' discount for being a PW member on top of our already incredibly meagre prices!

What more do you want... BLOOD!!!?? :thumbs:

And I don't have a problem selling to people on this site...dunno what gives you the idea that I do? I pay to sponsor it so I whole-bloody-heartedly expect you to spend as much money as you possibly can so I can retire at 30 with a Mansion, a Ferrari, and a hareem of Playboy bunny girls a **** them all senseless til my poor little old "Ultimate Pecker" drops off! Boom Boom.

Edited by henry d

Well you've already got the best products at the best prices AND you get a bloomin' discount for being a PW member on top of our already incredibly meagre prices!

What more do you want... BLOOD!!!?? :thumbs:

And I don't have a problem selling to people on this site...dunno what gives you the idea that I do? I pay to sponsor it so I whole-bloody-heartedly expect you to spend as much money as you possibly can so I can retire at 30 with a Mansion, a Ferrari, and a hareem of Playboy bunny girls a **** them all senseless til my poor little old "Ultimate Pecker" drops off! Boom Boom.

so just waiting for for the pecker to fall of then :thumbs: :thumbs:

Edited by henry d