how to make an investment

highseas

I have some magic beans........

But seriously, are you talking about stocks and shares, business investments, wine, antiques? There are many ways to invest money, some for the long term some for short, but as with all investments you have to be willing to gamble and risk loosing the lot.

If making money was easy every one would do it.

Good luck.

EDIT: safe places are ISAs and Premium Bonds but you'll have to wait some time to get any return on them.

Edited by FalconFN

Come with me, down town for a night. Invest it wisely in booze and a curry. One thing!!!!!!!!!!!! you'll certainly go home with a gain "Something like , probably undisclosed warts" :lol:

Otherwise, talk to a good, personal investor. Knew a bloke paid on £250/month, ok, had his own chippy, now sold up and living the life of Riley in France :beer:

Edited by wy111

well i have a small amout of money (700) i could use and want to invest it to make a small profit. how esey is this and how safe is it? i dont know anything about this but ime all for the idea.

can any one help?

If you hunt around, you can maybe get 4% and it is safe. I have a shed load of Premium Bonds - it is a shame that the minimum prize has dropped from £50 to £25 but the money is safe, I get a couple of small prizes every couple of months on average and every now & again you can get a bigger win. Sadly, I have not yet won the £1 million prize, nor even £1000 but have had several wins at £500, which kind of makes it worth while. I have a state of the art stereo system to remind me of one of those wins [1998 and still brilliant!]

So Premium Bonds do not in themselves guarantee any sort of return - but they may be worth a punt and you can get lucky. Also, you get to keep your capital invested and in these time of lowish inflation, that may be worth thinking about.

I am sure there are loads of experts out there & I will be as interested as you to see what they suggest - I have a smallish sum looking for a home somewhere....

Maybe we can look forward to Pigeon Watch Banking plc as a new added value package - I think I would trust Mr Cranfield as the Manager [very very steady], Mr Beardo as the intrepid trader, and Mr Wales looking after the off-shore bit. I am not sure where Mr Brannigan would fit in - maybe as a privateer doing a bit of pillaging & looting on behalf of his clients - that would suit very well.

Good luck & be safe!

Don't bother £700 is not going to get you anywhere .

Spend it on some .....

Well make up your own mind , but the banks/stock market etc go ......

So if it was me , i'd make a trip and buy some products from Belgium , then with the profit from that , i would ......

Go to the auctions and buy a .................

all the best yis yp :yp:

I wouldent bother, years ago I came into thousands, thought Id invest in the stocks and shares through my bank, I did'nt know jack $hit about investing, lost a few thousand overnight, so withdrew the lot and had a good spend up, took me a year to become potless again :lol:

Premium Bonds - As interest rates arnt worth a carrot i invested a few thousand into premium bonds and have had very good returns back. Plus if you ever need the money back, for whatever reason you get whatever you invested back! Look for yourself on the NS&I Website.

Hope this is of use

Lawrence

go to the auctions,buy anything thats cheap enough to make money on,then stick the stuff on ebay! if you do it right your £700 will become £1400.then take 20% of your £1400 and stick it in the premium bonds,then just keep repeating this :good:

That sounds a bit like a job.

advertise abroad(africa,poland......)that you can give people a fantastic life over here,big house,cars anything else they can scrounge of the government,all this for just £2/3k,take their money,get them a taxi to a ferry then you dissapear.

Bobs ya mothers brother,loads of money for very little work :good:

it depends what your objective is.

If you want to protect your capital (the £700) then you are limited to a savings type product. And then it depends on how long you want to tie your capital up for. Basically you are limiting yourself to around 0.5% to 4%. Premium bonds are another option which does guarantee your capital and gives you a potential large upside (the £1,000,000 Prize) but overall the return is pretty low (I think it's around 0.5%).

If you are prepared to take a risk then there are a number of options that have been touted on here. Take a punt on a particular equity share (the stockmarket), a physical commodity (a gold ingot for example) or a commodty future (a bet on the future price of a particular commodity), the bookies, the lottery. The list is endless.

Basically the higher the risk to your capital the greater the potential upside and downside.

So unless you can afford to lose everything I would go for a savings account but you won't get much return.