2011 Chilli (plant) thread

henry d

Just for brevities sake, I decided to re-start the chilli thread.

Following Mungler`s instructions I put mine in good quality sowing compost, with both clingfilm and a clear plastic top over them, around 2 weeks ago and yesterday they had appeared ! I think that the use of the radiator and placing them in the sun has helped a quick germination.

Next lot will go in, in a week or two.

So have you sown yours yet or have you any that have overwintered ?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I sowed mine a couple of weeks ago and achieved a 90% germination rate. Then I managed to kill about 80% of them off :blush:

So, sowed a few more seeds again last night and will pay more attention this time.

I have plenty of Cherry Bomb seeds and a two year old bag of an unknown mixture made up of mostly Prairie Fire. If anyone wants some seeds send me a PM with your address.

I sowed mine a couple of weeks ago and achieved a 90% germination rate. Then I managed to kill about 80% of them off :blush:

So, sowed a few more seeds again last night and will pay more attention this time.

I have plenty of Cherry Bomb seeds and a two year old bag of an unknown mixture made up of mostly Prairie Fire. If anyone wants some seeds send me a PM with your address.

Nice offer, PM on way.....

I sowed mine about 2 weeks ago but not had any through yet, but hopefully I’ll be seeing shoots in a few days. I haven’t over wintered any chillies but I’ve got a mini red pepper plant that permanently lives in the house. That’s already flowered and has some little peppers on it. :D

I have a 1 year old habanero growing strong and a very mild pimento thats just coming into first fruit. Will be seeding a few cayenne in a week or two and am swapping a spare pimento seedling for a hungarian hot wax or jalapeno!

I keep my on a windowsill in large pots, they seem to have lasted the winter quite well so I'm hopefully going to have a good crop this year!

Chillicious!

Deano

I would like to possibly grow some chillis just to see what they turn out like. I would be looking something with medium heat, which chillis should I be considering? Also I have never grown them before so I would like as many tips as possible.

I grew some Jalepenos last year,and this year i've some Scotch Bonnet on the go, I planted 10 seeds,and have just given 4 away,i've got 4 that are around 3" tall,and have just moved them to a large pot where they will stay.They have been on the window sill in the kitchen from the start,and I will move them out side when (hopefully) there isn't any risk of frosts.

Alan :)post-17571-0-75328200-1300095627.jpg

Edited by willy1