henry d

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

How's everybodys chillis coming on now? My plants have got bout there 5th set of leaves and are coming on well. When can I expect the flowers to start appearing?

Soon. My Habaneros already have flowers, but then my greenhouse thermometer says it reached 44 degrees with the vents and the doors open so they may be confused.

OK mine made it to about 15mm or so and have just stopped dead.

Any advice?

They were in the shed (very warm with a plastic roof) but I moved them out side during this warm spell, so they have had plenty of sunlight and have been watered. What else is there to do?

They are also pretty hungry, so regular feeds with tomato food will help growth. Really they need to be indoors regardless of the weather. Chillis like it HOT!

My lad and I are having a Habanero competition, mine are in the greenhouse, his are on a South-facing windowsill. He has a pepper about 1" long already. Mine have flowers.

I think the difference is that his haven't had low night-time temperatures.

( But mine have had rotted manure, so I'm hoping to overtake when the nights are warmer )

My chilli's are all on about their 6 set of leaves and are about 8 inches high. I have had them outside for a couple of weeks now. I thought the tomato feed was whenever the flowers started appearing but should I be feeding them with tomato feed now? If so how often?

My chilli's are all on about their 6 set of leaves and are about 8 inches high. I have had them outside for a couple of weeks now. I thought the tomato feed was whenever the flowers started appearing but should I be feeding them with tomato feed now? If so how often?

Wait for it lad, wait for it ! Yes you need to wait for the flowers to appear first there should be enough feed in the compost to get to the flower stage.

Wait for it lad, wait for it ! Yes you need to wait for the flowers to appear first there should be enough feed in the compost to get to the flower stage.

Cheers mate. I just need to be patient then until the buds appear. :rolleyes:

My chillis have taken a serious battering in the last couple of days with the strong wind. A couple of my plants have a couple of leaves broken off, will they still be ok? Also a few of my leaves have gone black at the edges, what can I do to stop this?

Some of mine got a bit wind-chilled last year, the bottom leaves wilted and turned upside-down, ie their stalks twisted. It didn't seem to do the plants any harm.

I haven't seen any black bits on leaves, though some leaves went brighter green with yellow veins when the greenhouse overheated.

Some of mine got a bit wind-chilled last year, the bottom leaves wilted and turned upside-down, ie their stalks twisted. It didn't seem to do the plants any harm.

I haven't seen any black bits on leaves, though some leaves went brighter green with yellow veins when the greenhouse overheated.

This is exactly what happened mine, a few of the leaves twisted up the stem to obviously strengthen it against the wind. I have taken them inside until the wind calms down again. Hopefully it won't make a difference that a couple of the leaves have broken.

• 2 weeks later...

hows the plants lads? The one i lost in the frost has made a come back and i have now repotted it into another pot . All three are coming on strong.

Mine haven't made a lot of progress in the last few weeks. I had to take them all inside due to the high winds, but the weather looks as though it may pick-up so I can put them back out. I don't have any buds or anything yet, but hopefully they will come soon.

Just found this thread iv'e been planting chilly's since early march and had about 90 plants on the go at one point but iv'e given a lot away to friends n family they have been in one of the small 4 tear greenhouse's from aldi.

ive now moved a lot over into large planters outside and had to bring some nagas back into the house as there taking there time to grow.

I currently have

dorset naga

naga jolokia x3

hungarian hotwax

jalapeno x10

thai hot

praire fire

peruvian purple x9

santa fe x8

purrira

cayennne

f1 cayenne x3

habernero

corno de toro (sweet) X 27

these are whats left from about 90 i had potted and im doing more now i need a bigger greenhouse lol

I'm new to this gardening lark, so I have tried a few chillie and pepper plants this year and they seem to be coming quite well. At the moment they are in the green house, can they be put outside and left out or should they be kept in? Any advice from the experts out there would be much appreciated :good:

A few pictures of my chillie plants.

post-22257-0-64309900-1307204161.jpg

post-22257-0-80054400-1307204174.jpg