henry d

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My 2 Apache plants have started to flower and one of them has a 1cm chilli on it...very pleased with myself as a first time chilli grower! My plants are just on the window sill of a west-facing window, and they get a quick spray of water each day.

I am also growing a Apache plant for the first time and is coming along nicely, however just seen its covered in greenflies :sly: any tips on getting rid of them other than the satisfactory of squishing them between fingers?

My chilli plants,Apache, have been producing chillies for 3 years now,and still healthy looking,so i must be doing something right,just curious now,has anyone flung one in there mouth,straight off the plant before? and yes i,ve done it,but only once.fffffffffffff :lol:

I am also growing a Apache plant for the first time and is coming along nicely, however just seen its covered in greenflies :sly: any tips on getting rid of them other than the satisfactory of squishing them between fingers?

Insecticidal soap or peremethrin(sp) spray, or go green and get a ladybird or two, they love `em.

The idea of watching the little blighters be eaten by ladybirds does sound appealing! Will have to keep an eye out for some when I am next out and about.

I also just read that filling a bath with water and a bit of washing up liquid and dipping the whole plant but the pot in works as well. That seems a bit drastic however.

My chilli plants,Apache, have been producing chillies for 3 years now,and still healthy looking,so i must be doing something right,just curious now,has anyone flung one in there mouth,straight off the plant before? and yes i,ve done it,but only once.fffffffffffff :lol:

Thanks for the warning :lol: Its the sort of thing I may have done...

No idea what they are as they were from Mungler. They are small, hot and prolific, what more can you want ?

I was given some last year by mungler...

i moved them indoor last october and the produce fruit all though winter.

but they have been getting hotter and hotter with each harvest.

to be fair they was not cold to start with, but **** me you know about these now.

i have a scotch bonnets growning about 8" at moment and some big jims at about 10".

hopefully this nice weather will give em a bit of go.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on my chillis. I seem to be a bit behind some of you guys. The buds are forming on all my plants now and a couple of the buds are ready to break out in flower any day. How are everyone elses plants coming along? Couple of pics of my 15 plants below:

PICT0125.jpg

PICT0124.jpg

Edited by ollie

Mine are outside and have just started to flower Ollie, a lot of the guys who are ahead of us seem to have the plants indoors/greenhoused. A couple of your plants look a little unusual - is it the camera, the species or some nutrient deficiency? I am going to get some tomato feeder this week, incidently I have a few tomato plants and ate my first tomato today!

Mine are outside and have just started to flower Ollie, a lot of the guys who are ahead of us seem to have the plants indoors/greenhoused. A couple of your plants look a little unusual - is it the camera, the species or some nutrient deficiency? I am going to get some tomato feeder this week, incidently I have a few tomato plants and ate my first tomato today!

I took these pics about 9.30 in the evening and the flash went off so I don't know if it is the flash, I hope it isn't a nutrient deficiency :blush: . My plants have been outside for a few months now and the poor weather a month ago has slowed them down I'm sure. I need to start getting the tomato feed into mine aswell.

had to move a lot of mine from my greenhouse into bigger pots and flower beds as there getting big now there being fed on 2x types of miracle grow and chilly feed. they started to become pot bound and wasnt getting the nutrience from the compost i was using.