Best Fox trap bait you've used ???

pestforce

horse hooves and calfs after birth ???

what you want is the tear from a lions eye the sperm from a great white shark and the sweat from a apes ****

now your talking

big lol :lol:

i hope the sweat is from a Western Lowland Gorilla and not a Eastern Lowland Gorilla. you also forgot to mention that it must be collected under the light of a full moon.

Edited by artschool

we used to use 3 rabbits at the hill farm one set in the trap one just in the trap and one about 3 ft outside the trap when ever we trapped a fox all where gone so i think they find one bury it come back for no 2 bury that too and their cocky by this time so walks into the trap for no3 and hey`s yours

Jam sandwich, and no I am not joking I am deadly serious. foxes have a terrible sweet tooth and anything sugary attracts them. Not a lot of people know that. You want to watch urban foxes at night going round the bins in a town centre. they go for all the sweet stuff. thats why urban foxes teeth are so bad i guess

Edited by Vince Green

As has been said, almost anything, deer scraps, rabbit, chicken pieces, pigeon, pheasant etc, dog food.

Sweet stuff does work, there are "tame" foxes at Bisley and they will virtually eat the sandwiches from your hand....

This chap was about 3-4m in front of me picking up a sandwich one of the guys threw out, quick shot with the phone, hence poor quality!

post-20848-0-71703700-1299843507.jpg

Jam sandwich, and no I am not joking I am deadly serious. foxes have a terrible sweet tooth and anything sugary attracts them. Not a lot of people know that. You want to watch urban foxes at night going round the bins in a town centre. they go for all the sweet stuff. thats why urban foxes teeth are so bad i guess

jam sandwich gets the pine martins going to lol they love it

cheap smelly dog food ,in jelly

boiled horse hoves ( juice ) work a treat it stinks :oops:

rotten fish/meat

tripe

and the best of all fresh rabbit guts .pop the guts tho .can be frozen the night before but not as stinky :oops:

thats my top 5 :good: and they are all proven in the field

Edited by blindeye

I use sardines, just place one very lightly buried like a cross with the trap in the middle, I find a spray of feralmone spray attractant or a little old urine about waist high to attract customers a great help.

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

Edited by SPEEDY

• 2 weeks later...

Their a soft jaw and not that bad, they grip great but don't hurt too much, and yes I have caught my hand in a couple.

I collect old traps and have some pretty nasty ones, but these soft jaws are pretty tame.

Just check them every few hours so nothing is caught for too long, much more humane then snares.

• 5 weeks later...