Toooo many Bussards

Yeoman

Its all down to the bloody Nature Britten or whatever it is could they keep on reintroducing things and they think aren't we clever never for one moment giving a thought to people who have to put up the the bloody things. There is a lovely old Mansion just up the road from me its been getting vandalised as its been left empty for a few years I was walking the dog up there the other day and sow a chap in with a clip board so I went and asked him what was happening to the place he said that they have wonted to start work on it for the past two years but its got bats in it so they had to wate for them to be relocated they hope to start work soon good init.

Oh, wow.

Its all down to the bloody Nature Britten or whatever it is could they keep on reintroducing things and they think aren't we clever never for one moment giving a thought to people who have to put up the the bloody things. There is a lovely old Mansion just up the road from me its been getting vandalised as its been left empty for a few years I was walking the dog up there the other day and sow a chap in with a clip board so I went and asked him what was happening to the place he said that they have wonted to start work on it for the past two years but its got bats in it so they had to wate for them to be relocated they hope to start work soon good init.

Am I missing a joke somewhere ?

Maybe, but the 2,000 year old rabbit remains used as evidence as being introduced by the Romans were by all accounts captive animals. The Normans allowed theirs to roam free and constructed artificial warrens for them. There is a large gap between the Romans and Normans of roughly 1,000 years where there is no mention of rabbits. It is like saying that someone introduced lions to the UK when in fact they are all in captivity.

20 years ago and there were none here, now I am surprised if i don't see them when I am in the fields.

I like them and love watching them, most I have ever counted is 12.

I think they might keep the rabbits down a little but other than that i honestly haven't seen much change due to them being here.

It is possible they have had some effect on lapwings but probably not as much as changes in farming practices, foxes and badgers. (in my part of the world)

They may be on paper :yp: :good:

listen, advice froma gamekeeper.. even makeing hints like this can land you in deep deep poo trust me i know :blink:

if i had my way they would be on the OGL so would sparrowhawks. i can couls 5 or more buzzards in the sky hear at any one time every day their is too many

In my teens the Common Buzzard wasn't 'common'.It is now.I know they will take live prey,but in all the years I've been shooting,I've never witnessed it.There again,I've never seen an Owl pounce on a vole,or a Sparrowhawk take a songbird.(Once witnessed a Stoat,from only a few feet away,'hypnotising' a rabbit before pouncing on it.....fantastic!)I use to do a lot of flushing rabbits to Raptors(Sakers,Harris etc)and one mate had an imprinted Buzzard which was about as exciting to watch as drying paint.I would bolt a rabbit and he would let the Buzzard go,only for it to settle in the nearest tree,no doubt waiting for the rabbit to die.Sometimes it would soar for quite some time,and suddenly come down.My mate would get all excited,but when we got to it,you could guarantee it would be sitting on something already dead.Other raptors,especially Harris' are killing machines.Awesome birds.

I agree,Buzzard numbers have increased dramatically,but I like raptors,and even if it were legal,don't think I would want to shoot one.