Session with Rob (COACH) at Wood Farm Today

SpicyandJack

Just a quick one to say how impressed I was with Rob (COACH) coaching today.

We met at Wood Farm, Mere, Wiltshire for an hours coaching and I can honestly say I came away after the hour at least a 50% better shot than when I started. I am a novice shooter and by the end he had me shooting uncalled pairs coming towards and going away as well as rabbits (horrible bouncers too) and some rangey high clays.

I know how much better I was, as I shot there last week and was terrible, this week was excellent (for me).

In addition he helped me with my gun fit and also on advice for ear defenders and advice on cartridges for various clay disciplines/guns and game, all the stuff you get a hundred different opinions about when to start with you just need one you can trust until you have enough knowledge to make up your own mind.

Will definitely be booking again with Rob, he made the whole hour thoroughly enjoyable and it seemed like he enjoyed himself too which always helps - nothing worse than a grumpy coach!

Thanks Rob for a great morning's shooting.

I`v had a few lessons with Rob (coach) and have to agree with the first post.

His style of coaching is very relaxed and informative. He explains things in a way that is so easy to understand and put into practice. Rabbits,Long crossers,Loopers all become easily possible under his guidance. It`s like magic.

Believe me if your new shooter or a top shot that's not quite on form you need to go and see him. I`v seen him sort out a British and European champion who lost form and is now back winning stuff after just two lessons.

He can help a lot with getting you a gun that fits and cartridges for the job.

I`v booked to go back soon and am looking forward to it very much.

Never mind coach, Shooting reporter Don Brunt calls him SUPER COACH.

• 3 weeks later...

Can I just say that Wood Farm, Mere in Wiltshire is closed until September 2011.

But Wylye Valley just 12 miles up the A303 is still open on Thursdays and Saturdays with a 100 bird Sporting competition on every other Sunday. :yes: