buying from the usa

plinker

try cebelas

flash

You won't get far with them - try Cabelas instead.

Don't forget that you will have to pay UK import duty on anything you import, plus a Royal Mail "Handling Fee", to get it into rip off Britain.

Also, postage by surface mail will take at least 6 weeks.

Having said that, I'm not sure that Cabelas sell chokes..??

Cat.

Edited by Catamong

I ordered a leupold scope off them recently, getting it sent to my brother in law

who lives in the States, he comes over once a month on business.

They would not send it, stating that it could not leave the States.

I told them that I was buying it as a gift to my bro in law, and could not guarantee

what he would do with it.

They weren't having it, & would not send my order!

Damn yanks, it was half the price.

SS

there may be some problems with ordering "gun parts" due to local and national laws in the states.

mate tried to order a set of sling swivels only to be told they are a no no for export due to it being a rifle part! yet he had no trouble ordering a sling which included a free set of swivels!

well worth a phone call to clarify ;)

as for working out how much extra you might need to pay, a very basic rule of thumb is add 20% to the price including shipping and that is what you may have to pay on the door step before you can have the goods.

ROB :)

ps can also try this company they send to the UK as well

D and R sports

I got really psesid off with buying from the states and at the same time, I was after a Nightforce scope, some reloading dies, bullets, Jewel triggers, McMillan stock and stuff.

So, I got on a plane to Phoenix, stayed with a cousin for a week, picked up the goods and flew home. I declared all the stuff as I got on the plane and it all went in the hold. I could take the scopes on board but not the stock as "It looks like it might go on a gun". I did get written correspondence from BA saying that they were OK with me doing it - this bit is important 'cos you don't want to be in departures and Mr Jobsworth is being a pain in the ar*e.

Landed in the UK with my FAC in my pocket so it's all Kosher, got home and sold 2 Nightforce scopes, 6 Jewel triggers and the stock. Take out the cost of the ticket and I still made 2 grand.

Why don't you just go?

RTD

I ordered a leupold scope off them recently, getting it sent to my brother in law

who lives in the States, he comes over once a month on business.

They would not send it, stating that it could not leave the States.

I told them that I was buying it as a gift to my bro in law, and could not guarantee

what he would do with it.

They weren't having it, & would not send my order!

Damn yanks, it was half the price.

SS

have bought 3 scopes from the states picked the last one up on monday gone,

(all bushnells) no probs whatsoever mind you it says "telescope" on the goods declaration, company is arcadian sales spot on to do buisiness with, and the savings compared to our prices is considerable, particularly the top end stuff

cheers KW

mate tried to order a set of sling swivels only to be told they are a no no for export due to it being a rifle part!

That's a new one on me! I've bought many gun parts from the states, Choke tubes, swivels, fore-end caps, magazine tubes, various spare parts for the action of my 10g auto and I've never had any problems.

I have bought Terror chokes (very good for HeviShot and BIG steel) on 2 occations in the past from the makers

SURECYCLE / SRM and they were delivered by the postman, no import tax or handling fee.

Mark.

Edited by M ROBSON

Plinker, I live in the States & purchase a lot of my choke tubes on e bay. The seller should have no problems sending to you in the UK other than adding more postage. FYI - e bay has it's own hunting section & you can search by type of choke tube desired, briley or under gun name, beretta.

hi plinker. 2 years ago I bought a scope from a gun shop in Waco, Texas. Couldn't tell you the name but there were a few.

I got a Simmons whitetail classic 6.5-20x50 for $96 ! Had to pay something like £28/£30 on delivery. Great ! the last time you could buy that scope over here it was in the region of £250. Granted that was in a sale but i had no problems getting it delivered.

I found loads of shops that had sales and special offers etc where you could buy at a fraction of the price of the same stuff over here.

If you have freinds over there get them to post it for you. I dont think you need to pay tax if the item/s are a gift.

Regards

Leeboy

• 2 weeks later...