what could they be doing?

chris o

hi guys went out yest with a fellow pw member as i advertised in shooying available. hoping for a decent day decoying them. how ever this did not happen. we were at my farm for 6:45 and set up for around 7:15. the first bird came over and deoyed. then second bird decoyed noy long after looked in the crops and they were empty. a couple more came in but we missed them but the birds didnt seem to be feeding just flying and going into trees.

after a few hours of nothing we went to another farm again more movement but not feeding. so instead of setting anything up we went to a near by sheep paddock with some tall trees in front and waited for them to come over and they did. we shot 5 pigeons and 1 jack daw. out of all the birds we shot only had food in its crop which was a little bit of rape.

what i am wandering though is what are the birds doing if they aint feeding?

I've struggled decoying for the last few weeks. Today I spent two hours driving round and round the shoot trying to find them without success. Of the ones I've shot flighting and roost shooting most had clover in their crops, yet some including the late roost shoot on Saturday had nothing in. Today I got both of a pair and one was stuffed full of clover whilst the other had an empty crop. :hmm: