Royal Wootton Basset

AVB

I've been there and seen it, in the good times and bad, there is an eerie feeling about the place, even in the good times, they most definitely deserve it.

It seems they represent the whole country, and with dignity and respect.

I take my hat off to all of Wootton Bassett.

Good for them. They never asked for the responsibility or any reward, no-one asked them to respond, they just stepped up to the mark and made us all proud! They perform the observance for all of those of us who would like to attend but can't, and I for one will always be grateful. Thank you to all the people of Royal Wootton Basset.

Good for them. They never asked for the responsibility or any reward, no-one asked them to respond, they just stepped up to the mark and made us all proud! They perform the observance for all of those of us who would like to attend but can't, and I for one will always be grateful. Thank you to all the people of Royal Wootton Basset.

I agree but it is all going to come to an end as RAF Lyneham is closing. I assume that the repatriations of our dead heroes will now come into another RAF base and hopefully another nearby town or village will step up to the mark and become the focus for the same sort of respect as has been shown on all of our behalfs by the people of Royal Wootton Basset.

I agree but it is all going to come to an end as RAF Lyneham is closing. I assume that the repatriations of our dead heroes will now come into another RAF base and hopefully another nearby town or village will step up to the mark and become the focus for the same sort of respect as has been shown on all of our behalfs by the people of Royal Wootton Basset.

A shame, I was an airforce brat and my father was stationed at both Brize and Lyneham, as a kid I much preferred Lyneham and we were in Wootton Basset most weekends - lovely town.

Very much deserved. There amazing people who deserve the upmost respect. There a credit to out country. Our brave boys who return home threw there town are true heroes. I burst with pride for why they do. And am so grateful to the people of Royal Wootton Basset so thank you very much.