Pcp cost

brooktrout

Excellent little guns these pcp,s, but can anyone justify the extortionate prices that some makers are asking?, Well over a thousand quid now from some of the {elete?}makers, and thats just for the gun alone.

Just goes to show the demand for things that people like.

If it were not for all the ban this and ban that brigade, perhaps all the research and development that has gone on since Hungerford would not have taken place.

Couldnt justify that sort of money for an airgun myself but whatever floats your boat i suppose

Lots of people have turned to air weapons to avoid all the regulation (for now).

Target shooting with air weapons is just like other shooting but in miniature form.

10 yds with an air weapon is not much different to 25 yd with a .22rf.

75 yds with an air weapon is not much different to 300yd with a .308 cf.

Of course if you want to KILL something........

• 4 weeks later...

I think that air-rifle hunting forces you to develop good field craft skills, if you have to get within 25m of a rabbit for a sure kill then that requires a lot of ability. I find air-rifle hunting more of a challenge and subsiquently more satisfying, additionally my Rapid 7 MKII is so quiet I very often get 2nd, 3rd and even 4th rabbits/pigeon before they spook.....its worth trying, honest! :lol:

What them Rapids like then?......dont do much air gunning me self...still using the Air Arms TX 200(spring) me self....thought about getting me a Fenman? for the odd bit of rabbit bashing?

How many shots can you get out of a charge with one of them Rapids ?

All the best

Buzzer :lol:

Hi Buzzer,

Sorry for the delay...off watching telly :lol:

My .20cal MKII gives 400 consistent (great inbiult regulator!) shots per charge, they do 500 shots in .22cal. The gun is amazingly accurate, zero recoil and very quiet.....its perfect for rabbits. The fenman is also a great gun and would be perfect for rabbits too. I just can't wait till Thirsday and my pigeon decoying :lol:

Cheers,

Tom