Carrying Cartridges Question

Spiderdude

What's the norm for taking cartridges out with you. Do you leave them boxed in your carry bag, or just loose in the bag?

I appreciate bit of an odd question, but is there any reason not to just have them loose in the bag?

I leave them boxed - for no other reason than my cartridge bag takes exactly 4 boxes - with room for my license, my gloves and a pen for scorecards... I think if I emptied them in - 100 would probably take up more room than when neatly arranged in boxes.

Your mileage may vary.

What's the norm for taking cartridges out with you. Do you leave them boxed in your carry bag, or just loose in the bag?

I appreciate bit of an odd question, but is there any reason not to just have them loose in the bag?

If i'm shooting a round of 50 sporting clays I just put a box and a bit loose in each pocket of my vest. If I'm out roost shooting I fill my pockets of my fleece. If I'm pigeon shooting I tear the lid off a box and put it by my feet or load straight from my cartridge bag.

cheers,

I leave them in the boxes in a range type bag,easier to load your pockets with 25 rip off the lid tip in done. :good:

See at a glance how many left the in bag.

Did take my game cart bag once, emptied loads into it pain in ***** to fill pockets with them sticking out between your fingersas you pull hand out of the bag, ended up picking more off the floor than went into pocket. :hmm:

ATB figgy

Edited by figgy

I use a hip pouch like one of these http://www.uttings.co.uk/Product/539/102611/beretta-victory-b1one-cartridge-pouch-green-ber-bs98119706/ They hold about 75 cartridges.

If you need to carry a few more boxes then just add 1 0r 2 of these (or similar) to the pouch belt http://www.uttings.co.uk/Product/539/102702/browning-cimmaron-cartridge-box-holder-black-beige-121030094/

• 1 year later...