land rover remaps

larp

im looking to get my defender tdci remaped got it down to two companys irb. developments or twisted performance has any one had any dealings with any of these cheers phil

Try a m d near lakeside they rolloing road tune the remap had mt td5 done, fantastic it is now so easy to drive the cost was £420 give them a ring they are next to ikea pete

Got mine done at JE Engineering.

I didn't feel like a valued customer who got a tune specific to my Landy.

I was literally told "I just plug the box in, install the software and turn the wastgate"

That was after I asked if I could get a tune to suit a Landy with the EGR and Cat removed.

Edited by Billy.

Might open a can of worms here but.... I'm sure that the remaps or chip upgrades do give an increase in performance or even better fuel economy but whats the trade off?

Surely if it was that easy a multi million pound company like Landrover with a massive research and development budget would have done it already. I'm dubious as to how a small motor engineering company can get so much more out of an engine just by alterring electronic settings than the origional manufacturer could.

:hmm:

Might open a can of worms here but.... I'm sure that the remaps or chip upgrades do give an increase in performance or even better fuel economy but whats the trade off?

Surely if it was that easy a multi million pound company like Landrover with a massive research and development budget would have done it already. I'm dubious as to how a small motor engineering company can get so much more out of an engine just by alterring electronic settings than the origional manufacturer could.

Put it this way.. You get it chipped on the basis that it ups the power incredibly and also gives you better fuel economy. However, you're not chipping it to drive round slowly, so you end up ragging it round and using more fuel :lol:

They are mapped for the worst case scenario from the factory, that way they should never die due to use or abuse.

A full tune inc remapping just releases the potential of the unit. If you decide to rag the whatsits off it and blow it up then thats your choice.

A simple case of over engineering, one tool for many jobs.

• 2 weeks later...

BAS or Alive Tuning are the only ones to go for.

Remember the insurance implications and also start saving for general engine and drivetrain component failure. Been there, seen it, got the T-shirt.

my td5 was done when i brought it i had it 5 years with no problems .it looks like im going to get one from bas .

Edited by larp