CWD shooting

dan the gun

How about too many people saying the wrong things?

i'd love to see what your local FEO would say about the picture and your attitude towards firearms and their uses.

i think any feo worth his salt would have a good chuckle at it like most people would wind your neck in buddy and what has his attitude to fire arms and there uses got to do with it :no::no::no:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are joking i hope you have the fox photo that started it all off as your main photo... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No I'm serious he has a point. I found it funny hence my avatar but as i stated earlier it could get out of hand if more ppl start posting pics.

PS I will change my avatar once I have a nice pic

its not **** as you say, I dont know you or your mate from adam, but its the impression you give off, and i'd rather not be tarred with the same brush as you who think that picture is a laugh!

as i said only my two pennys worth.

and a sofa would be a luxury tonight, but for now its back out on the streets looking after your country and rights to free speech!

Its a ****** photo and is mildly amusing, its showing no direspect for his quarry it was I assume still shot, prepared and cooked in an appropriate manner?

Its no different to the photos of people sat with 200 neatly arranged pigeons around them, the antis will use them as they use any other.

Lighten up and stop looking for something to get wound up about!

Ok, broadly speaking I'm with Al3x(?) on this one.

This is our forum and is a positive thing for shooting in general I strongly believe, however, this is a public forum and joe public, anti's included, have access to it and can use any material published to their own ends.

I think we should be aware of this before posting things that may be to the detriment of our various and amazing field sports.

Personally, the bloody bruise on the deer marred the humour for me on the first picture for me. A bit macabre really.

I appreciate your sense of humour, but perhaps some editing required?

MHO only,

Duncan

hi duncan is that like posting about great pigeon shooting and we had greatsport how many post could be used in that text by joe public ie how many post are about a great days sport and not crop protection :hmm::hmm:

Personally, the bloody bruise on the deer marred the humour for me on the first picture. A bit macabre really.

I appreciate your sense of humour, but perhaps some editing required?

I think thats the point i'm trying to make the fact you can see its an animal that has been shot makes it worse, if you couldnt see the entry point and blood then i wouldnt have a problem with it!

I think thats the point i'm trying to make the fact you can see its an animal that has been shot makes it worse, if you couldnt see the entry point and blood then i wouldnt have a problem with it!

I would imagine its hard to get the Deer to pose for the photos if they havent been shot!?!

No I'm serious he has a point. I found it funny hence my avatar but as i stated earlier it could get out of hand if more ppl start posting pics.

PS I will change my avatar once I have a nice pic

Mate i understand what everyone is saying it's just every time i come on this site the same old people are having a go at someone about something they have posted,,, it just gets so predictable who is going to say what next...

We all no what is right and wrong is it really that bad is it :hmm: :hmm: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

I would imagine its hard to get the Deer to pose for the photos if they havent been shot!?!

obviously that would be the case, but it just adds fuel to the fire for someone who may use the photo against the shooting community, if that turned up on a big news site i'm sure there would be more comments about it not being the norm all shooters and the person who took it being a minority.

Mate i understand what everyone is saying it's just every time i come on this site the same old people are having a go at someone about something they have posted,,, it just gets so predictable who is going to say what next...

We all no what is right and wrong is it really that bad is it :hmm: :hmm: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

I think you'll find i'm not one of those people?

Its a forum after all, we could bicker about this all day and we'd still be saying the same things. all Alex, myself and a couple of others have done is voice a concern!

:good:

hi duncan is that like posting about great pigeon shooting and we had greatsport how many post could be used in that text by joe public ie how many post are about a great days sport and not crop protection :hmm::hmm:

It's about PR I think; great sport, meaning respect to quarry, clean kills and responsibility to the animal in question has at least 2 sides on offer: the shooters responsibility side (good) and the 'ah, poor birdies etc' (anti/bad) side.

Mocking the quarry is not good pr to jp.

It doesn't bother me , personally, but I think its worth protecting our sport.

We have enough enemies, after all.

Duncan

Theres a good bit of Reading on the BASC website and here is an extract from it.

The deer stalker’s obligations

"Always remember that your quarry has a strong emotive appeal to many people who have little knowledge of deer management. They will judge deer control by your behaviour."

its not **** as you say, I dont know you or your mate from adam, but its the impression you give off, and i'd rather not be tarred with the same brush as you who think that picture is a laugh!

as i said only my two pennys worth.

and a sofa would be a luxury tonight, but for now its back out on the streets looking after your country and rights to free speech!

It was **** as i put it!!! what the hell did it have to do with anything FEO ETC...

PPS don't forget ROBIN Batman :good:

Edited by Shotgunspud

hmm good point.

Sport and crop protection.

Well, put it this way - I really enjoy shooting woodpigeon, its almost an addiction - same with bunnies if I'm honest. I reckon its a primeaval thing.

We shoot woodies for crop protection but the fact that we enjoy it is wrong?

Hands up anyone who shoots woodies and hates doing it, only shooting them for moralistic reasons and contributing to the greater agricultural good? No takers then? No, we all enjoy it or we wouldn't be doing it.

Doing something for fun is 'sport', but semantically sport carries further implications of responsibility and care for quarry, which can only be a good thing from a humanitarian point of view.

The fact that my belly is usually also involved in my motivational drive to be out in the fields with a gun or rifle leaves me (and most other field sports enthusiasts) on solid moral ground as far as I am concerned.

Sport and respect for quarry are virtually synonimous, I don't think I felt respect for the deer in the posted snap.

Duncan

Edited by The Duncan

You get people like that on every forum. Don't let it upset you for ****s sake

Edited by SteveoM

Theres a good bit of Reading on the BASC website and here is an extract from it.

The deer stalker’s obligations

"Always remember that your quarry has a strong emotive appeal to many people who have little knowledge of deer management. They will judge deer control by your behaviour."

My God everyone stop what you are doing no more laughing and joking... lighten up mate will you.. sorry Dan tried for you mate keep them coming...

all i wanted to do was make people laugh, but once again im made to feel so small an unwelcome by some members... im so sorry if i have affended any of you. thanks alex and cocker for all the support on this... but it upsets me when the same old drill others for having a laugh.

all i wanted to do was make people laugh, but once again im made to feel so small an unwelcome by some members... im so sorry if i have affended any of you. thanks alex and cocker for all the support on this... but it upsets me when the same old drill others for having a laugh.

:good::good::good: you cant please them all to dont try too :lol::lol: chin up buddy