Air Rifle beginner

Pigeon Pieman

I've decided to treat myself to a new bunny basher to cheer myself up. I have opted for an Air Arms S410 - non fac, with a BIIIIG scope and silencer. Now its ordered, is is gonna be any good!? (Still time to cancel!)

I only want it to sneak up on Peter Rabbit and friends and hope it was a sound choice. Any comments on good or bad and realistic killing distances greatfully received.

;)

My mate's got the S410 and I've got the S200. Have to confess that as far as ballistics go, I don't think there's a great deal of difference. Of course the S410 is more solid and robust, but I like it to be light.

Wasted about a dozen rats and a couple of collared doves this afternoon, including some tricky shots on moving rats at a distance with the S200. Finished off with the garden gun.

The 410 is without doubt the best pcp on the market today, taking into account prices. A Rapid Mk2 is slightly better but MUCH more expensive. The 410K is actually lighter than the S200. Realistic killing distances - how far can you shoot accurately? With mine I've had rabbits out to 55 yd when shooting at a known distance in calm conditions (mines a .177), though most are taken at 30-45 yds. There's plenty of energy left in a good pellet (AA field in .22 or Daystate FT / Bis mags in .177) at 60 or more yards so long as you get it in the kill zone. You've made a good choice in the 410 and AA customer service should you need it is second to none, unlike Theobens.