Waiting For SGC... Impatient!!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if anyone is waiting on cheshire they are taking double the time on everything at the min they have had there firearms dept cut by half!!

i've had a variation in for 4 weeks now!!!! so they have sent it me back an will contact me when they have processed it then i can send my ticket back in to be changed.

Update.

SGC Grant, Cheshire.

They received app on 25th Feb.

Visit 22nd March. Confirmed there were no issues and that checks had come back fine.

Called 21st April, told still not processed and could be another month.

** Arrived 21st May **

Nothing like a speedy service.

Now it's time to start shopping, and testing out the clay grounds in Cheshire.

Got mine last month and it's going in to Durham tomorrow for a 1 to 1 variation and also asking for 22rf ammo to be upped to a more sensible 1200/1000 as I will have 2 x 22rf guns and there will be two of us using them so going to go through ammo pretty fast!. They reckon 2 weeks but then again they said 7 weeks for the grant and that turned into just over 3 months!.

Good news - Bad news

Good news, no problem getting the 1 to 1 and should be done in 10 to 14 days :)

Bad news, no ammo increase as I haven't had the certificate long enough, even though I had one for about 12yrs in the 80s-90s and the Home Office guidelines saying 1000 for general use or 5000 for target shooting is reasonable :(

Said that as I only got it in April and only had 2 purchases of 500 each on it (which is about 250pw as we were away for 2 1/2 weeks) I would have to wait until I can show better usage figures.

Sent the forms off for my FAC and co-term SGC in mid december 2010, slight problem with one referee, but still didnt get a visit until 4th May, still nothing has arrived back so cant even buy an cartridges!

So much for Bed and Herts becoming more efficient by combining!

AB

Berkshire (Thames Valley Police).

- Application for grant of SGC sent first few days of March 2011 & fee cheque cashed shortly thereafter.

- 'Phoned a month later & was advised I had passed checks & applictaion details sent to FEO April 4th.

- Spoke with FEO a couple of times (early April, early May) and was told there was a huge backlog.

- It's only a week off June now and I'm still waiting for the home visit let alone any admin. processing time thereafter.

Getting dejected about the unquantifiable wait.

I've long since eaten the hobnobs I had purchased ready for the FEO home visit.

I see there are quite a few people like myself who are applying for their first certificate.

I thought it might be interesting to see how long it is taking people... Cos I am bloody impatient!!

Submitted: 24th February

FEO Visited: 11th March

Received: 25th March

Had my visit 3 weeks ago and was told at the time it could be another 4 weeks,which will make it 15 weeks from start to finish,,,,i have just about given up hope and fast losing the will to live...South Yorkshire,,, :angry::lol:

SGC First Application.

Posted by hand – 25th February 2011 email confirmation they had it 1st March

FEO Visited – 24th May 2011

Received – ?? ?? ?? ?

All looks good

Only question is about my convictions, he was happy that they where a long time ago.

But the Chief Constable has final say!

Should be 2-3 weeks apparently either way!

Edited by Gnome of the Woods

New member here, situated in North Warwickshire...

SGC Application hand delivered to Police HQ on Tuesday 10th May 2011.

No phonecalls or anything yet...!!!!

The minutes are going by like hours, days like weeks and im starting to flap about whether I wrote my number down wrong...(even though i checked it 50 times).

Warwickshire website claims one of the quickest turn arounds in the country with a maximum of 6 weeks..... fingers crossed!

Been waiting 8 weeks now since visit. Phoned Devon & cornwall yesterday to see how it was going. Phoned me to say its going to be about 4 to 6 more weeks. :o

YABBA,DABBA,DOOOoooooo,,,got my sgc after a wait of 15weeks.. :P:lol: good luck to all those who are waiting,hope you get yours very soon.....

Essex Police.

Just rang them to check what's going on, It's been 4 weeks. They say that the paper work has been sent to my FEO and he will call me. Would it been seen as bad practise to give him a call, to speed things up a litte? Still things appear to be moving :good:

SGC First Application.

Posted by hand – 25th February 2011 email confirmation they had it 1st March

FEO Visited – 24th May 2011

Received – 02nd June 2011

At last I am a free man and not relying on the good folk of PW for the loan of guns to shot!

Thank you to everybody for the advice and encouragement.

Paul

Good news :)

Got a call tonight after 5 to say my variation is done, 10 days including a weekend and a Bank Holiday, well done Durham :)

Picking it up in the morning then off to the gun club to get my nice Browning Buckmark .22 LBP :D

Also looking forward to Tuesday evening as we have our first range date with the .308 Steyr SSG-04, have to complete the shooters safety stuff first but all things being well should be great fun :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

sgc posted on the 4th of march.

feo visit on the 18th april.

its now 28th june and still waiting.

come on norfolk constabulary.

Application posted 20th April

FEO visit 18th May. FEO polite, organised, efficient and very enthusiastic!

SGC received by post 27th May

Thames Valley, pretty impressive considering the number of B/holidays and a Royal Wedding occured during this period.