Zeroing scope

TaxiDriver

Also try zeroing at a longer distance (say 25m), it might be that the sight line and pellet flight have not had a chance to converge at the distance you are shooting, especsially as you are probably using a fairly high scope mount.

VERY VERY good point :good: :good:

Actually its academic now, I've had a good google and have ordered a 6x40 scope & mounts which was exactly what I was looking for when I had it in mind to change the 4x32 that came on the gun.

Why ask the questrion, get all the offers of help and then just give up within 12 hours anyway?

You'll probably have the exactly the same problem with the new scope anyway ..........

Why ask the questrion, get all the offers of help and then just give up within 12 hours anyway?

You'll probably have the exactly the same problem with the new scope anyway ..........

Well to answer your question (Not that I have to justify myself but...)

I was having problems with the s/h scope that I was trying to use, hence I sought the advice of fellow forum members many of whom were willing to offer helpful advice/suggestions for which I'm grateful, ALL of which will be just as applicable to the 6x40 scope that I wanted in the first place. - Sorry I didn't check in with you before changing it.

Just to chuck the cat in too: Are you aware there are 2 zero's?

Download Chairgun Pro (free) and you'll see what I mean.

Mine is zerod for 24.1m, but there is another closer one at 8.8m.

I'm wondering if you are trying to set the 'wrong' one. Try bringing your zero right down and start again (this may work for the new scope too).

Well,

new 6x40 scope came today :good: have fitted it using the lowest of the mounts that I have.

Been plinking at a 33ft target set out at 33ft distance and just plinked(plunked?) away adjusting bit by bit until more times than not we're within the 2" coloured centre circles. I think anymore accuracy than this is going to require more practice.

It's certainly accurate enough to plink at tin cans on string purely for fun, (and it was powerful enough to break me shed window :blush: shush don't tell the wife, I told her a bird flew into it)

I'm sure things like Chairgun pro are brilliant, I know I downloaded it :good: Not got a chuff in hells chance of using it though :blush: :blush:

23mZero.jpg

Slightly different to the settings I have now, but you can see what I mean about the double zeros.

The red line is the line of sight.

The green line is the arc that the pellet will follow.

The pink section is the 1 inch 'killzone' (so as long as I don't screw up too badly, I will hit within 1/2 inch high to 1/2 inch low, out to about 26.5 meters).

Edited by Alpha Mule