Three Mobile Phone Network

Markio

Coverage has improved 100% in last year or so. I've been with them since they started (one of their first 1000 customers) and although it was a shaky start they are a good network now and IMO better than the others. They always deal with any problems - and i've only had 3 in 7 years and each time they've given me money off my bill (the one was even my fault :()

There is only one downside - they always try and sting you for 2year contracts :( You do need to battle to get 18months and pretty much give them your first born to get a 12-month contract. They will tell you they don't do 12-month anymore but they do ;)

Their data and plans are good and for me that ware it ends.

The contracts are now 2 years. You need to watch out for the small print in the 14 day returns policy, ie if you make a call, send a text, or take a photo with the phone in the 14 days you can't return the phone you are stuck in the contract.

3 use orange as their GSM back up provider when there is no 3 signal, but in some areas where they deam they have sufficient 3 coverage they are turning the orange back up off.

Once you take out a tarrif you can not down grade to a lower one for the 2 years, at least with some other networks you can down grade by 1 tarrif at least half way through the contract if you got it wrong.

In my opinon and from my own experiance 3's c/s is the worst I have come across, and can be non existent.

If at the end of your contract and you want a PAC code to move to another network, it can take what seams like hours to get the code and may take several calls.

Coverage has improved 100% in last year or so. I've been with them since they started (one of their first 1000 customers) and although it was a shaky start they are a good network now and IMO better than the others. They always deal with any problems - and i've only had 3 in 7 years and each time they've given me money off my bill (the one was even my fault :()

There is only one downside - they always try and sting you for 2year contracts :( You do need to battle to get 18months and pretty much give them your first born to get a 12-month contract. They will tell you they don't do 12-month anymore but they do ;)

ive been with them 6 years and they are ok ,overseas call center gets on my tits

I was with them for 2 years and was so annoyed I took out another contract before the one with them ended. None existent customer service and hardly every got a signal. It may just have been my area but what is the point in selling me a phone I can't use.

Regarding the downgrade option, I was under the impression all companies have to allow you to do this at least once during the period. I could be wrong though. In any case I am with orange now and am quite happy with the service I get, customer service is a lot better they did allow be to downgrade (by 2 tariffs) half way through my contract because I wasn't using the minutes anyway. I did have a problem with signal while in my house but since the t-mobile partnership I have had very little in the way of problems.

No covereage where my daughter lives even though it says the area is covered, mind you O2 is about the only one that does work there and it's pretty patchy!. Having said that it means she doesn't go through her free minutes as fast :)

One good thing (for me at least) is that they were the only company who would let me set a £0 credit limit on the account (contract not payg) so she can't overspend, Virgin won't go lower than £50pm so as I'm paying for it that wasn't an option. At the moment for £10pm she gets 300mins and unlimited texts, 500mb data and unlimited MSN.

I've been with 3 for years and can't say I've ever had a problem, their 3G service can be patchy in the village I live but in cities it's fine.

I've been with them quite a while so I get a £20 a month discount and pay about £10 a month for 300 minutes, 150 texts, £5 worth of downloads, 25 mins of video, unlimited data download and some other bits and pieces. I signed a 2 year contract but then I'm not changing provider and quite happy to stay with them, I won't get a better deal anywhere else.

been with them for about 4 yrs now at first the coverage was a tad hitty missy but imho its spot on now .once you,ve been with for a while they are good at doing deals to keep you with them at the min i get 500 mins 150txt for £10 month

got my mrs a phone off them last yr when her contract with tmobile for up renewal and they wouldn,t do anything for us.

she gets 500mins any network 150 txt 2000 3to3 mins [most of our family are on 3] for .....£15 a month

like i say imho they are good for rewarding customer loyalty

As for the downgrade - you can downgrade if you wish after half the term of your contract. When I came out of work back in 2009 and was unemployed for the first time since leaving school, they contacted me because my bill was returned unpaid for the first time since being with them. I had been unemployed about 4 months by this time so I explained my situation. I asked if a cheaper call plan was an option only until I got back into work. They said it was but instead just gave me a 70% discount on my plan for 3 months so I was only paying £11.50 a month instead of £35 with no loss of allowance.

3 have been great with me but I have heard stories of others having not so great a service. I now pay £37(something) cos of the VAT increase but I get unlimited calls (capped at 5000mins) unlimited texts (capped at 5000) unlimited 3 to 3 calls (capped at 5000) these calls are taken from a different bank of mins from the anytime ones so effectively I could use 10,000 mins, I also get 1mb of internet and 100 picture mails (whatever they are ???). The package is high use as I used the phone for work as well ;)

Edited by taffygun

Been with them for 3 years and I thong they are excellent. Just don't make a call in my kitchen as the reception is poo,

You need to wear a thong to get reception but even that doesnt work in your kitchen :blink:

reception was very poor to the point of the phone being useless at times. they lost a faulty phone i had returned to the store (under warranty) for 4 months and couldn't issue one on loan because they "didn't have a store manager to authorise it".

almost impossible to cancel the "contract" after the contract ended. longest i was kept on hold with their cancellation department was 40 minutes (sales of course answered immediately). in the end, i refused to leave one of their stores until the store manager phoned india to sort it out. it was a busy saturday morning and he had a bit of a sweat on as india also kept him on hold for ages. he then phoned an internal number and got it sorted.

you get what you pay for, 3 are TOTAL UTTER SH*TE, stay away.