Pigeon Shooting

Due to some recent bean drillings the pigeons have been storming in round here. I do crop protection for a large agricultural farm if you fancy a look out just PM me if your interested.

Cost is £30 per day, South Derbshire, four miles from the east mid airport.

WHY ARE YOU CHARGING OUR MEMBERS TO HELP YOU DO YOUR CROP PROTECTION.

Who said it was MY crop protection..... I don't get paid to do this and £30 is not an unreasonable fee. I spend alot of my own time watching the fields and for someone else to shoot without any hassle? No, so why should I not ask for a small fee.

A mechanic spends alot of time understanding the cars that he has to work on and he gets paid....

Also I've wasted my time taking people out for free, and often there tends to be less respect when people get something for nothing. I've taken people rabbiting and I've had my ferrets shot, I've taken people goose shooting and the've unloaded on protected species even after they've been clearly told to let them pass. I've even seen an idiot shoot a mate in the chest, luckily it was on the far side of the shotguns range.

I've found that for some reason people are a bit more responsible when it costs them something. So if you don't want to make a proper enquiry you don't really need to comment.

Who said it was MY crop protection..... I don't get paid to do this and £30 is not an unreasonable fee. I spend alot of my own time watching the fields and for someone else to shoot without any hassle? No, so why should I not ask for a small fee.

A mechanic spends alot of time understanding the cars that he has to work on and he gets paid....

Also I've wasted my time taking people out for free, and often there tends to be less respect when people get something for nothing. I've taken people rabbiting and I've had my ferrets shot, I've taken people goose shooting and the've unloaded on protected species even after they've been clearly told to let them pass. I've even seen an idiot shoot a mate in the chest, luckily it was on the far side of the shotguns range.

I've found that for some reason people are a bit more responsible when it costs them something. So if you don't want to make a proper enquiry you don't really need to comment.

I personally cannot see any harm in this - the guy is open and clear from his OP that there is a charge. Had it transpired after initial contact on a "free" offer that there would be an associated cost, that would be entirely different.

Who would give up a full day of their time, to do the reconaisance, obtain permissions and presumably set up the shooter, in a hide, for £30? bet it barely covers his fuel costs. Even if you are supplying your own gear it's still good value - take a look on guns on pegs and make a comparison, where would you rather see him offer? on here for £30 or on guns on pegs for £100 - i know what my answer would be.

There is an element of shooters on here that don't have their own permissions, and frankly don't have the time or inclination to go knocking on doors, if an offer comes along like this it's a godsend to many

Good luck to the guy - i hope he get's plenty of takers and the negative posters stay in their cupboards

Just my opinion you understand....

Andy

Almac912 - I too share your sentiment. Not me being lazy you understand, more work commitments taking most of my time at the moment. Days like these are a nice and comparatively cheap way of me getting out shooting for the time being.

However, I did PM 22/03/11 and so far have had no reply...

Almac912 - I too share your sentiment. Not me being lazy you understand, more work commitments taking most of my time at the moment. Days like these are a nice and comparatively cheap way of me getting out shooting for the time being.

However, I did PM 22/03/11 and so far have had no reply...

Hi,

I'm sorry but I haven't got your message. I'll send you one that you can reply to.

Thank you,

Lee

Oh yawn :sly: He has done the leg work, been door knocking, endless hours of driving, diesel, knockbacks and is offering a days shooting over probably the most likely crop other than stubble to get his clients a good day out for less than the price of a ticket to legoland. If your not interested in what is a great offer, don't put a pointless negative post on as a reply. :smartass:

Good on you Lee, I hope you get the places filled by deserving decent and grateful sportsmen :good::good:

Edited by turbo33

Just to say I've been out with Lee and he is a truly genuine guy who couldn't have been more helpful to me, a beginner at this type of shooting.

My only permission is a sheep farm where pigeons are rarely seen, so this was an ideal chance for me to try it out without having to buy all the gear,(Lee supllied all the deeks for my first outing, he also provided a seat which I managed to break :blush: ) so I personally think his offer is value for money.

TOM

Due to some recent bean drillings the pigeons have been storming in round here. I do crop protection for a large agricultural farm if you fancy a look out just PM me if your interested.

hi lee i would be interested in some shooting on a tuesday or a sunday ,should i pm you a few days before to see if there is any pigeon activity?

Edited by hushpower

To be honest, when the time comes for me wanting someone to show me the ropes; I will be more than happy to pay.

It is basically a lesson, so I'd cover costs including cartridges, a donation to whoever was taking me outs beer fund and obviously lunch.

Don't see anything wrong with it myself.

well done that man,i dont see anything wrong with your offer,if only there were more of you around doing the same thing,i would jump at the chance of a days pigeon shooting for that small cost as im finding it difficult to find any shooting myself,hope someone takes you up on your offer and appreciates it as much as i would. :good:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

Thank you to everyone for all the replies. I hope I've pm'd everyone back who sent a message. I've had a faulty pigeon conection the last week so haven't been on here to update.

At the mo the pigeons have stopped flocking on the beans but I'll repost when theres more drillings.,

Lee

• 5 months later...

I note that you are not currently offering guided pigeon shooting in South Derbyshire.If and when you may have vacances would you consider letting me know?

Regards

Cortland

I no of some guides that just sit in there 4 x 4 drinking red bull and smoking fags and get paid 3 times that and they dont have the first idea about pigeon shooting or conservation! or ethics!

Then to top it off dump the birds! :o :o :o

£30 I think that is a fantastic offer mate! well done and good luck to you!

• 3 weeks later...