Auto feeders

Hi McF

You did'nt say what was the target species for the feeders, we have used auto's for our flight ponds and found they work well, you will find however they bring out the magpie in people, we anchored ours to concrete blocks to stop them walking away.

If they are for feed rides then i personally don't like them for no better reason than i'm old fasioned and like to see whats about and how the birds look.

all the best with your search

covey

Hi Covey

Thanks for your reply they would be for both ducks and pheasant rides, like you I would rather not use them on rides but we are a diy shoot and you cant always rely on the members to pull their weight.

So this is one option we are looking at for the coming season.

Mcf

Hi McF

I have a couple of the Moultrie Pro Feeders to feed the ducks on our pond.

I have attached them to 200 ltr steel drums and they have been in constant use since last August and have been completely reliable. They are all metal construction, take two batteries and have a digital timer which is is easy to use.

I have also used the cheaper American Hunter units which are ok, but are made from plastic. They are not as robust or as powerful as the Moultrie unit.

Hi McF

This is a little underhanded ploy that i've used before for those not willing to pull their weight.

increse everyones shoot fees by £100 and inform everyone that if they complete all the work parties and feeding rotas they get the £100 back, those who don't do the required days lose the money either way shoot benefits.

I know it seems under handed and there will be those who do more than their share but this is exactly why those who always have a reason not to do their bit unless it involves shooting are made to toe the line.

good luck

I`m a member of a DIY shoot, we have 8 autos on 10 gal barrels on three legs, they have just finished their third season without any problems, very useful for coaxing birds through the wood to where you want them, ours are Cabelas I got them from USA but they are for sale in UK and there are several different makers, highly recomended.

Tony A. :good:

Edited by malantone