16 bores

dodeer

I had a 16 bore many years ago, during my "novelty gun" period. ;)

I used 28 grm Eley cartridges in No6 shot, for birds, rabbits etc.

Its so close to a 12 bore, that for normal shooting, I didn,t notice any difference in killing capabilities.

It wasn,t noticeably lighter than a 12 bore either.

The cartridges became harder to get and more expensive (the two things generally go together), so I sold it on.

• 3 weeks later...

I have got a 16bore laurona s/b/s. 28" barrels choked 3/4 and full. Lovely little gun to shoot and knocked some good birds down with it. Recoil is next to nothing! Had 7 rabbits for 8 shots not so long ago one night.

Good fun on the clays too using express 28gram 7's.

Usually use grand prix 6's or hull three crowns 7's on the pigeon and rabbit front.

Have also used winchester westerns and gamebore traditional game but not so keen.

Got given a few old grand prix 5's the other week so will give them a blast at the rabbits.

After some heavier loads though for the duck season. Anyone know where you can get hold of the alphamax bismuth 16's? Just cartridges.com can get hold of them but oxford is a fair distance away from essex and not sure about ordering over the net. Any ideas?