21gram high velocity 12 bore shells

Mike525steel

I've recently started shooting 21g 7.5's for shooting clays with and have found them pretty good all round and as an added bonus they dont knock you to bits. Even after a couple of hundred rounds

However when I was at the range the other day I over heard some guy say that they thow bigger patterns than 28g 7.5's

What do you think????

I've recently started shooting 21g 7.5's for shooting clays with and have found them pretty good all round and as an added bonus they dont knock you to bits. Even after a couple of hundred rounds

However when I was at the range the other day I over heard some guy say that they thow bigger patterns than 28g 7.5's

What do you think????

meet the same two chaps the other day, told me if I put ladies knickers on prior to going shooting I would shoot 50% better ............... RESULT MY BALLS HURT LIKE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now all you need to know about shooting styles and pattening ....[quote name='sage 100' , told me if I put ladies knickers on prior to going shooting I would shoot 50% better ............... RESULT

And in a cammo thread .. H said

" In the summer a plain coloured long sleeve shirt is all I normally use .."

So there you have it: a dress code for Field & Clay. now where's me plus 2s & stetson?

What do you think????

current theory on this is they throw better patterns as they havnt got the punch of the 28g and therefore dont deform as many pellets

i like the ladies pants theory though although i wouldnt try it.... :blink:

shaun

I read the science bit somewhere in that because the shot column in the cartridge is shorter there are fewer distorted pellets caused by the compression of the cartridge firing.Therefore the pattern is better because there are fewer 'flyers'.

I use 21gm Hull CompX and have found that clays break just as well as when using 28gms and they are a lot more comfortable and a bit cheaper.

I like the ladies knickers theory.Do you wear just the knickers or do you have to put your shirt and trousers on as well with the knickers over the top?

Vic.

When I went for my first try at clay shooting the guy at the range (Nigel at Euro Guns) loaded me with 21g cartridges. Obviously there's a cost issue but I'm sure I'd have been put off if I shot at 25 clays and missed them all. They seem to do the trick IMO