Nicky T

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

not sure why i keep seeing my name on some posts here. have i missed something?

:lol:

Log out and read it as a guest :yes:

A program that replaces the names with who ever the reader is has been put up, ie, as I read it my name is where yours is etc :blink:

:lol:

Log out and read it as a guest :yes:

A program that replaces the names with who ever the reader is has been put up, ie, as I read it my name is where yours is etc :blink:

Unfortunately that program has been disabled since 7pm as it was causing a few issues on other parts of the forum. If you read the first post it explains :)

Nicky T

Just to say thanks for a cracking April fool joke, I must say that I cacked my self when I saw my user name on the fist post this morning.

I fell for it hook line and sinker for a while untill I rembered todays date :lol: once again top job and well done ! :good:

All the best

Buzz :beer:

I've had a few messages from people about this, and for those who log onto the topic after it has finished here's what we did:

We used a little bit of code called [you], which when a user viewed it would show their username. So when we wrote [you] has made an incredibly generous donation to the Charity Shoot, any logged in user viewing it would think it would refer to them and naturally be confused about it!

The great thing about the topic, as well as being an emotional rollercoaster is that dozens of people have been really generous following this thread, and have donated on the Pigeon Watch Just Giving Page to help raise money for Orchid Cancer, our charity this year. We've also had new signups for the day, and donations of items for raffles and thoughts for how to run things for the day. I can't remember a better April the 1st. Cheers guys :good:

This April Fool topic has now been removed. For anyone who was caught out, or enjoyed the thread, please donate a little on the Pigeon Watch Just Giving Page Orchid Cancer are doing some vital research and educational work into Male cancers, an area which has been underfunded traditionally. There were more than 150 replies in under 11 hours, which must be a speed record.

Thanks - see you at the shoot! :good::lol:

Well done sir, I just filled my pants! I have literally no income, but will keep you/this in mind if I win the lottery etc.

Top windup!