Essex Masters 2011 - Pigeon Watch Teams?

Nicky T

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be setting off in about half an hours time, us elderly (but pre wee & Werthers) don't like to drive at either rush hour :o or after dark :o. Will have to on the way home but hopefully will be smiling!

Whippets are locked in t'shed, flat cap swapped for baseball cap with off-set peak, spent 8 hours solid watching "The only way is Essex" on the +box just so I know what to expect and have been practicing adding "innit" to the end of every sentence innit. Sorted innit.

Final message to the El Magnifier PW team, shoot well, enjoy the day and always remember there is no shame in finishing second (well not much shame, innit)

Mr P innit.

Will be setting off in about half an hours time, us elderly (but pre wee & Werthers) don't like to drive at either rush hour :o or after dark :o. Will have to on the way home but hopefully will be smiling!

Whippets are locked in t'shed, flat cap swapped for baseball cap with off-set peak, spent 8 hours solid watching "The only way is Essex" on the +box just so I know what to expect and have been practicing adding "innit" to the end of every sentence innit. Sorted innit.

Final message to the El Magnifier PW team, shoot well, enjoy the day and always remember there is no shame in finishing second (well not much shame, innit)

Mr P innit.

Innit is NOT enough......you need to get used to calling everybody "babe" and "hunny",

You also need to practice shrieking "Shut Up", pronounced "Sha' Aaaaaaaaaaaap"

Don't forget the orange Tango spray tan.....

You're just not prepared man, it'll be like a lamb to the slaughter, innit <_<

I hear Digweed has shot a 98 + 94 on the first day, that sets the benchmark for everyone else to go for.

Apparently Dyson is using a new bit of ground, as promised earlier.

The weather forecast is pretty good for the rest of the shoot, good luck to the Northern monkies, and no "Chard like" meltdowns over the last 50 birds, please..??

Cat.

I hear Digweed has shot a 98 + 94 on the first day, that sets the benchmark for everyone else to go for.

Apparently Dyson is using a new bit of ground, as promised earlier.

The weather forecast is pretty good for the rest of the shoot, good luck to the Northern monkies, and no "Chard like" meltdowns over the last 50 birds, please..??

Cat.

:lol: No meltdowns this year. I've got electrodes on my knackers to stop me nodding off.

I forgot it started today, I thought it was :P tomorrow

Well what a top day :yes:

Had my first experience of the Essex Masters and will definitely be back; two fair courses with a mixture of target presentations (standard clays and midi's) utilizing black, blaze and white clays. Not for the feint hearted as it is a lot of shooting in a small amount of time.

Shot a 161 (81+80) so not displeased and currently 3rd in B class at the end of today (168 and 166 ahead of me). Still three days of competition to go though so not holding my breath to finish that high :lol:

Thoroughly enjoyable squad to shoot with including Beretta (178) and Mr Potter (166 i think) along with Mark Boyd (164), Mike Merrington (no idea) and three other guys Chris, Piers and Tim who all could shoot :yes: Not a bad start to our PW team as todays contribution totalled just over 500 from Mr P, beretta and myself. No pressure Paulos and Twitchynik :lol:

Good luck to any other PW'ers shooting it. Looking forward to seeing Saturdays scores in particular :yes::good:

Nicely done Nick :good:

I think 161 would have got you 3rd place in B Class last year :yes:

Well shot to the other lads too, especially Brian with his 178. I expect I'll get 179 <_<

just arrived home :oops: eventually :yes:

chard, your 179 would only draw with me as thats what i got. :good::good:

to many crossers and droppers, not the most exiting shoot if you compare it with grimsthorp at weekend.

good luck to the guys shooting at weekend. :good:

Beretta, you've made good time home really, I didn't get home until 10:15 after stopping for food and fuel at Corley on the M6 (with NickyT) you had a lot further to go than me + detours to drop off your passengers.

I didn't shoot Grimsthorpe so I can't compare the two shoots but I thought todays shoots were OK, it was the first Essex Masters I've shot so I can't compare this with previous years. The targets were all killable, some at distance but not extreme range, some fast but not flashing across narrow windows. All in all quite enjoyable other than the quick turnround between red layout in the morning and black in the afternoon and the 8 person squad was 2 too many.

I shot a 79 on the red course in the morning, very dissatisfied with that, I dropped 3 birds on each of the first two stands and 5 on the last stand and overall was a poor performance. The afternoon session on the black course went a little better, was first up on our final stand and needed to straighten it to finish on a 90, the standard and midi right to left simo pair looked pretty straightforward but I managed to **** it up, dropped 3 to finish on an 87.

The hardest stand of the day was 12 (final stand) on the red course, a reasonably close left to right rabbit and on report a very low white going away clay at 90 degrees to the rabbit, 4 pairs. You had to set up for the second bird so you were twisted for the rabbit. This stand cost me 5 targets, 2 rabbits and 3 second birds :hmm::hmm::hmm: , Beretta, I think dropped 4 but the star of the show was NickyT, he shot first and straightened it :good::good: the referee jumped up from his chair, shook his hand and congratulated him on being only the 2nd person to clear it. A mate of mine who was on 2 squads in front of us who had been shooting quite steady all morning, dropped 7 on this stand!!!

I'm off to bed now, I'm cream crackered.

Mr Potter

Great scores Guys, and particularly well shot to NickyT, obviously you learned something from your day DarnSarf back in February..??

I've shot every one of these shoots over the years, after last year the general opinion of those in the know was that it was in danger of becoming very samey. Now that Dyson is using some extra land the feedback is that the event is a bit more interesting, which is great.

I'm shooting in the first squad out on Sunday, looking forward to it. :good:

Cat.

Some good scores from all the lads who shot yesterday :good:

I'm assuming 7.5's and 8's will cover everything, or will I need a few big bangers?

99% of the targets :yes:

You might want to take some 7's for that nasty white going away target on stand 12 on the Red course and you might want some 9's for the up close and personal target on stand 9 on the Black course ;)

99% of the targets :yes:

You might want to take some 7's for that nasty white going away target on stand 12 on the Red course and you might want some 9's for the up close and personal target on stand 9 on the Black course ;)

Thanks for that Nick :good:

I'll settle with 99% :lol:

I'm the u/c shooter on team 'El Magnifico' so I expect the great man himself will be looking over my shoulder to tell me what I should be using anyway <_<

What are you doing on here?

You're supposed to be at the Fences at 2pm for team talk and tactics!! :o

Who've you got giving the team talk and tactics? Would it be the new PW clay shooting coach Beretta Italy :lol: :o :lol:

Well, I went for the experience and an experience I properly got. Sideways and without lube. Shall definitely do it again but I shan't embarrass myself and, more importantly, a team by doing the team bit again. Sorry fellas but I don't think we'll be troubling the leaderboard after my performance :(

On a positive I did manage a straight and went round with a great bunch of people. One of them even got a straight on stand 12 on the red course. Big up yourself Nicky for an 8 on that ******* :good:

I'm off to find a bottle and lick my wounds...