Essex Masters 2011 - Pigeon Watch Teams?

Nicky T

******* excellent weekend :P

I'd booked me, Anni and Timps into a posh hotel on a cheap special offer room rate. Only problem was, the nearest hotel was in ******* Hertfordshire :lol:

Anyway, it was very nice and I bagged the double room for sole occupancy. Popped my head round the door of Anni and Timps "twin" room to find them both looking at a double bed with some suspicion :lol:

Yes your 'posh' hotel, trust you to book us in a hotel with a double bed and a peep hole at crotch level, I mean did you specifically ask for a peep hole to view potential visitors crotches ? or had you been drilling glory holes again (I think you need a bigger drill bit)

4bd0dbcf.jpg

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No excuses from me. I shot like a total bellend. :sly:

Loved every minute though, and had a cracking weekend. :good:

Chard's post pretty much sums it up for me. Was really good to meet El Magnifico, Timps and Anni and spend a bit of time breaking (missing) clays and having a bit of a laaaarf :good:

Apart from the Fences on Friday and about 50 clays last week I hadn't shot a clay since last August so really wasn't expecting much at the main event. :no:

It was no surprise then that I put in a less than impressive 45 on the red course :o though not even I expected to do THAT badly :no: Not sure what happened really but I just wasn't 'in the zone' :P Appalling shooting by any standards but every squad needs a whipping boy!!

A quick break and out onto the black course. :/

Strangely I didn't feel at all bothered about my **** poor score in the morning and adopted a more positive approach :D It seemed to pay dividends and I managed a 61, including a couple of the long battues, which although not great was a damned sight better than the mornings woeful efforts. (I even found time to give a bit of advice to Steve Leonard on a couple of stands :yes: Which I think he appreciated :lol:) I found the black course more enjoyable, and would happily have gone round again if I could have done. :good:

A thouroughly enjoyable weekend and will definately be doing it again next year. Many thanks to Mungler for organising again, a real shame he couldn't be there.

Oh and Dyson appears to have the ache with me for not showing up

Yes, he was a tad miffed, (with good reason), he told me he had no less than 36 no shows yesterday, I realise in your case it may have been stage fright but you missed a hell of a good shoot, probably the best one he's ever done there, that was the opinion of pretty much everybody on my squad. :yes:

I didn't think it was a particularly over testing layout, there wasn't a single target there that I didn't break comfortably with a 28 gram standard load, we had a squad of 10 which was about 4 too many, it took an age to shoot, the squad behind us was only 6 strong so they were up our rear end all the time. :blink:

We started on the Red layout, I got off to a bad start, missed one white crosser and one Teal over the pond.. :angry: , but then missed only 3 over the next 10 stands, so I came to the final stand, the close rabbit and the going away white, minced the first 2 pairs, then missed the third pair completely, but hit the last pair to finish on 93, not good enough. :no:

Had a brief stop for lunch, (the food was pretty naff, they need to up the anti on that one.. :yes: ), then started on the Black, missed two loopers in front on stand 1, never really got it together, only dropped 2 on the long battue stand, but missed the final pair on the last stand to finish on a mediocre 85, total 178. :o

I'd have to say that John Dyson tried hard, it was a good shoot overall, OK, not up to the standard of Hodnet, but he makes the best of what he's got.

There were some seriously good scores there today, several guys had done 98's on both layouts, unfortunately I couldn't stay till the end, Digweeds score could certainly have been beaten.

Well done to all those PW members who made the effort to shoot it, particularly those Northerners who travelled down, good on 'yer..!! :good:

Cat.

Edited by Catamong

Yes, he was a tad miffed, (with good reason), he told me he had no less than 36 no shows yesterday, I realise in your case it may have been stage fright but you missed a hell of a good shoot, probably the best one he's ever done there, that was the opinion of pretty much everybody on my squad. :yes:

I didn't think it was a particularly over testing layout, there wasn't a single target there that I didn't break comfortably with a 28 gram standard load, we had a squad of 10 which was about 4 too many, it took an age to shoot, the squad behind us was only 6 strong so they were up our rear end all the time. :blink:

We started on the Red layout, I got off to a bad start, missed one white crosser and one Teal over the pond.. :angry: , but then missed only 3 over the next 10 stands, so I came to the final stand, the close rabbit and the going away white, minced the first 2 pairs, then missed the third pair completely, but hit the last pair to finish on 93, not good enough. :no:

Had a brief stop for lunch, (the food was pretty naff, they need to up the anti on that one.. :yes: ), then started on the Black, missed two loopers in front on stand 1, never really got it together, only dropped 2 on the long battue stand, but missed the final pair on the last stand to finish on a mediocre 85, total 178. :o

I'd have to say that John Dyson tried hard, it was a good shoot overall, OK, not up to the standard of Hodnet, but he makes the best of what he's got.

There were some seriously good scores there today, several guys had done 98's on both layouts, unfortunately I couldn't stay till the end, Digweeds score could certainly have been beaten.

Well done to all those PW members who made the effort to shoot it, particularly those Northerners who travelled down, good on 'yer..!! :good:

Cat.

Well shot Cat, not a lot wrong with a 178 :good:

Yeah, if I'd have shot it I reckon I would have done a 190. After all, floppy crossers and quartering away is the stock in trade of the haybaler.

Shame you struggled on those battues Cat, it sounds like you need some practice and shouldn't be too quick to dismiss a tip or two off Beretta Italy.

I was just typing out a message on Facebook detailing the unbridled joy I experienced of throwing up into a toilet that I had only pebble dashed from top to bottom not 20 seconds earlier.

A spectacular weekend for me :lol::good:

It's just as well I didn't shoot it, Cat would be blubbing on his sun bed about now, would have electrocuted himself and it would have all been on me.

Yes, he was a tad miffed, (with good reason), he told me he had no less than 36 no shows yesterday

Incidentally, apart from for the love of a pound note, I couldn't work out why the organisers don't seek payment in part or in full in advance say upon booking.....

Incidentally, apart from for the love of a pound note, I couldn't work out why the organisers don't seek payment in part or in full in advance say upon booking.....

Yes, exactly, after your dob out he's considering doing just that, and I can't blame him.

Jeez, it's only 20 minutes down the road for you, you're always moaning about there being no shoots in Essex, yet you threw a sickie, surely somebody could have dragged you round the course, the Biriany in Billericay wasn't that bad..?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cat.

Just dipped out of the prizes this time, but Claybuster, beretta and Catamong all got in amongst the prizes :good:

Yes,well shot chaps :yes::good:

My friends son just missed out on the prizes in the Colts by 1 target.I thought he shot some of the trickier targets very well indeed :good:

We'll give it another go next year :):yes:

Azzurri.

Well shot yourself Graeme; suprised not to see you at Coniston yesterday :hmm:

Just couldn't justify putting more fuel in the car :o :hmm: would like to have gone,heard it was a good shoot but the price of fuel is killing the job nearly as much as cartridges :angry:

Sorry about that :lol: Rant over :)

Azzurri.