Fishing the next to go?

Just watched the itn lunchtime news and it highlighted new research that fish can feel pain. No doubt the Animal rights idiots will be wanting to see that go too.

Fishing has been high on their list for years,second only to shooting and hunting. You will also find if you have the misfortune to get into conversation with these nutters that horse and dog racing is also on the list.

Believe me they are not going to stop once they get hunting with dogs banned.

We ignore them at our peril.

Surely third ;)

No, second as hunting and shooting were both the number one priority and they were not too bothered which one they got rid of first.

By shooting i mean game shooting ,as pest control with the gun is about fourth on their list.

I worked in the same office as one of these nutters for several years and I built up a pretty good picture of what their aims are.

The amusing thing about the "research" that "proves fish feel pain", is the "experiment". ;)

They injected bee venom into rainbow trout lips and observed that afterwards, the fish "rocked gently from side to side". ???

The injected trout took, "almost three times as long to return to normal feeding, than the other trout in the control group". B)

So there is the answer. :D

Anglers should not be allowed to inject bee venom into fishes lips.

I can,t see a problem with that. As an Angler, I am quite prepared to make that promise ???

The thing we should be really concerened about, is that our tax pounds funded this "research".

I have no argument with people wasting their own money, but don,t waste mine. :<

I agree with the general view that the anti-anything brigade, will eventually turn their energies to angling. :D

Althouth i have been tempted to injcet bee venom onto fish. I will never do it now as it is proved to make them rock sidewards. When fishing most decent sportsmen have a respect for there fish anyway. Do you think these people know how much our economey is stimulated and how many people would loose there jobs if fishing and shooting had to be banned? Do they even care?

Well, im going to do as much fishing as possible. An arugument that fish dont feal pain is that i was speaking to an aquarian guy who had a fish with a growth, he cut it off, the fish carried on normally, swimming, eating playing with its mates. Another thing is i have heard of people fishing with a team of buzzers, breaking the leader on a fish, re-tackling and catching the same fish, in the same swim, in the same 5 mins. If the fish was in this much pain, why would it take the same immitation with the other still in its mouth. Any way the crule b*sters actually ingected b**dly stings into its lip! When is a fly going to poison a trout?

OK - so I'll promise not to inject my fish with Bee VENOM and Acetic ACID!!! Actually just think about this for a minute. They INJECTED fish with saline or handled - and this was the CONTROL group which (by inference) didn't show any anamolous behavior. So what's the difference between a hook (which doesn't inject ANYTHING) and a needle!!!!). To me it rather proves the OPPOSITE to what they claim. IE providing we steer clear of venom/acid tipped hooks then fish show no signs of distress.