99 members have voted

1. 1. Do you shoulder your gun and aim before calling 'Pull

• No, I hold gun down or out in front
    • Gun Up ready to take aim

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's two England (or former England) shooters you've preached at. You don't know when to stop, do you? :rolleyes:

There's another couple knocking about somewhere, one is shooting the Essex Masters, so he'll have to wait for his lesson :lol:

(Or Great Britain) :P

Edited by Chard

Shooting gun up is easier then gun down, dont disagree!!

I disagree.

With all your knowledge I'm surprised you haven't released an instructional DVD yet.

You could call it something like 'Move, Mount, Miss' or maybe 'Beretta Italy's Positive Shoooooooooting' or how about 'Digging for Mould'.

The pissabolitys are endless. :yes:

I disagree.

With all your knowledge I'm surprised you haven't released an instructional DVD yet.

You could call it something like 'Move, Mount, Miss' or maybe 'Beretta Italy's Positive Shoooooooooting' or how about 'Digging for Mould'.

The pissabolitys are endless. :yes:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I haven't laughed so much in ages :good:

i think the answers give a clear indication of the shooters who shoot clays more than live game and the other way round shooters who more live game than clays i regular shoot both and mantain 80% kill ratio on pigeon and game shooting and 90% on clays and i shot all my clays gun down see the bird shot it not rocket sicence for me gun and waiting for a bird to appear from a know flight line turns it into more of a rifle shoot that a natural hand eye movement and its more aimming that a fluent action thanks coxy

Gun down for me always. But for quick clays I am already on the way up as I call for the bird. I also come out of the mount between birds of the pair, although sometimes this isn't possible and staying gun up feels very werid and slow, probably because I am not used to it.

Does it not also depend on the style you faviour as well i.e maintained lead?

My style is a home grown mixed bag but seems to work for me.

Dan

with regards to sporting clays generally gun down, in competitions or i i was going for a 'score' then i would shoot either gun down or pre mounted depending on the target presented

as said before the poll is missing a 3rd answer

pigeonwatch is a huge source of very good information from some knowledgable people ........ take a break beretta_italy and maybe indulge in some absorbtion of information for a while before your go freely dispensing your new world 'advice' ............... having said that dont, its great fun and keeps the forum interesting :rolleyes: .............dont mean to belittle you pal but theres some twisted logic that comes out of some of your posts .......... enjoy your shooting though, thats the main thing :good: