Running vegetable oil : diesel mixture

margun

Be very carful about buying veg oil from supermarkets. Only use cash and dont use your loyalty card. All details from your points card are kept and available to any government department who requests them. If you use Asda or Tesco you can go online and find out what you have bought for the past few months.

Who are you on the run from??? :hmm: Daft in any event 'cause the 'spy in the sky' cameras will have seen you filling up with the dodgy stuff in any event! :rolleyes: BB is watching yooho. :lol:

Iam on 90 percent used cooking oil filtered to 1 micron and 10 percent petro.

Starts at touch of button in a morning and no problems, have changed oil filter twice and carry a spare, Pajeero 2800 turbo swb 95, going into my 3rd year. this is summer running, winter 70/30. john

Just noticed how veg oil in supermarkets is going up in price, think their getting wise,

Since my last post my friend gave me a tank of used hydralic oil which he collected for free,(not sure where this stuff comes from )

Once again no problems and ran just fine,

When he has no stocks left I have started using bio diesel at £1.11 (seems so expensive after using the freebie stuff) a litre from a proper garage,

This is cheaper than veg oil at asda at the moment,

any body else using bio diesel?

Any problems?

Regards

Hatstand.

you do know if you get dipped with hydraulic oil or used engine oil then you will get nicked for duty evasion! They are not bio fuels and have no exemption from road duty, prosecution for it would also go against you come renewal time

dorianbuilders,

If your transit has a bosch fuel pump then it should be okay,

If it's got a lucas then it wont,

There's a transit van forum on the net and I'm sure you'll find the info you want.

Good luck.

al4x,

Looking at registering with the government for using the waste oil if it's allowed as there seems to be more of it available round here at the moment ( tight yorkshire men are starting the revolution against the most expensive tax on fuel in the world ).

Don't want to get dipped but as I never go on main roads or stop in motorway services seems I've been lucky so far.

But sometimes saving £60 a week is too much of a carrot for a simple bloke like me to resist.

But your right nothing is worth getting into trouble for.

If fuel prices keep going up at the rate they have been then I can see myself setting up a business selling second fuel tanks for cars :blink: , ( yorkshire branches only )

I run my 1.7td isuzu astra on it with no problems 50/50 about winter I go to about 10/90 on old style engines it will run ok, the welder at work runs his 2.8 shogun on it and has for years, he even cleans it himself with a 12" centrifuge . If it has a bosch pump your ok, lucas give up the ghost real quick.

Guest cookoff013

you can actually make diesel,

its a trans-esterification,

1 filter and dry chip oil. usually filter and boil of water until it stops spitting, allow to cool.

2, add methanol and hydroxide.... (forgot which one....)... mix. allow to seperate into 2 layers.

3, tap off the lower layer, discard.

4, add water to the mix, and mix well, allow to seperate.tap off the lower layer.

5, boil the diesel until it stops spitting.

6, allow to cool. - i believe that this is the actual pure diesel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biodiesel_production

its wonderful stuff.

the main thing is to have the oil dry before processing. any moisture kills the reaction.

good luck.