I need a new 4x4

Amber

I've got the new Land Rover with the Transit engine, it's very good, also got the TD5 which the son prefers.

I had a Disco TD5 with self levelling suspension, it broke twice under warranty, so got rid of it,

would'nt have another with self levelling suspension, just my opinion from experience.

Without seeing the car or knowing its history and not being an expert at all I would say exactly between 2 and 10 grand :good: Welcome to the site, If your just into 4x4s there are dedicated forums that might be more useful to you,

If your a shooter aswell ignore me. :yes:

Edited by Daveo26

Hi all, thanks for the help. its so difficult to know what to pay for them.

I dont know a lot about 4x4 just use them to go shooting.

And daveo26 i am a shooter its taking over my life. about 4 times a week and the wife is not happy. :good:

Thanks

Hi Amber,

I have just bought a Discovery TD5 ES for £3800 with full landrover history (Which is a must)

Be carefull, dont worry too much about the milage they are a good engine but need to be well looked after.

I looked at over 15 before I found mine. There is a site called Landy Zone, which is free to join and can give you some good buying tips.

Dont buy the first one you look at and watch out for the Ebay bidding it sometimes gets crazy.

Set a budget bitween £3500 to £4500 and if you keep below 1 51 plate it is cheeper tax.

Good Luck

buy on condition as much as anything, my other halfs parents have one and that would make a good buy if they ever sold it. 2 owners pampered had a suspension issue a few years ago but other than that good as gold. They tend to be a lot of money compared to Jap 4x4's and need looking after but as said 3 to 5k should get you a decent one.