Good day on the woodies

Cam-S94

Had a good day on a large field of oat drillings at the weekend. Despite shocking conditions for pigeon shooting, we managed to bag 75 woodies, 4 ferals and a crow after a pretty poor start for my brother and I. We went on to connect with some very good birds and gave the dogs plenty of work. The day started pretty slowly but the breeze soon picked up and with some dead birds in cradles and a bird on the bouncer, the birds decoyed lovely with a couple of groups of 20 coming in with their pants down.

post-20551-0-11842900-1302551539.jpg

Look like the style I'd like to get myself - nothing too pretentious just practical.

Mine (on the left) is a Beretta Skeet Vest and my brothers is his tweed game shooting waistcoat. Without looking I dunno what make it is but there are lots out there at quite reasonable prices. We wear them as they are good for gun mount, especially when you have a few cartridges in the pockets to weigh it down a bit. Also, nice and light for in the summer. Hope this helps. :look: