Been offered a Job at last

Lord Geordie

After attending 4 interviews in the past few months I eventually got a call on Monday asking me to meet with a guy from Asda reguarding an application I tendered for multiple positions within the store.

I received an email last night from Asda reguarding the home delivery driver position I tendered for and today at my interview I was offered a position in the warehouse FLT etc. :blink:

Now I am unsure as to which job I have actually been put forward for? The driving position was for arouns 18 hours per week but the warehouse is only 14.5 though the guy is asking about getting this up to a minimum of 16 hours for me.

I am just chuffed to bits I have now managed to find work after such a long road searching for it.

Roll on tomorrow when I find out if I can get the 16 hours and if so roll on Thursday when I start :D :D :D :D :D:yes:

After attending 4 interviews in the past few months I eventually got a call on Monday asking me to meet with a guy from Asda reguarding an application I tendered for multiple positions within the store.

I received an email last night from Asda reguarding the home delivery driver position I tendered for and today at my interview I was offered a position in the warehouse FLT etc. :blink:

Now I am unsure as to which job I have actually been put forward for? The driving position was for arouns 18 hours per week but the warehouse is only 14.5 though the guy is asking about getting this up to a minimum of 16 hours for me.

I am just chuffed to bits I have now managed to find work after such a long road searching for it.

Roll on tomorrow when I find out if I can get the 16 hours and if so roll on Thursday when I start :D :D :D :D :D:yes:

good luck mate, i hope all goes well for you. :good:

well done fella,once you get started you will find that you get offered more hours,I know people that work for asda and they all went through the probation period,or even seasonal as they call it,and all ended up working 40-45 hour weeks.Don't be put off with know-alls and mundane jobs,it's only the first steps to getting your feet under the table.I know a superstore manager who started as a part time schoolboy stacking shelves.

again well done

john

Good for you, it's a shame it has taken someone who genuinely wants to work so long - a lot of positions are filled by no good scum that just need there dole ticket signed, my father in law tried to do a good deed by advertising positions with the local job centre, he has had numerous people turn up drunk asking him to just sign the ticket and then send them packing.....these people take up jobs others could have had!

Regards,

Gixer

My Mum used to work for the DHSS, her job was to visit business and persuade them to take on trainees. Half the time the youngsters didn't even turn up, most of the rest lasted just days before phoning in sick.

It's nice to hear of someone who wants a job, and had tried hard to find one.

Congratulations, I hope it turns out well for you.