Idleback Chair

bullet boy

These Idleback Chairs,are they good as they are IMO quite expensive?

Does anyone have one and what info can you give on them?

Thankyou.

I personally dont have one but a friend does, he rates them think he did a review of it on daystate owner club site about a year ago

I recently bought one from newark yes they are expensive but are quite handy esp when sat for a long period ive used mine for foxing at night the only draw back which i told darren at idle back was in wet muddy fields its sometimes hard to stablise the chair its either sinking one way or other so hes about to make some mud feet so they wont sink..but over all its a good chair.

Mick

Totally agree with the above. I'm thinking of buying one. :good:

I have bought one,roughly hewn & not adjustable for height but ideal for my needs,quite comfortable & steady to shoot from.I carry some bits of ply offcut to go under the feet for the muddy bits.The Idleback looks in a different class altogether but far more than I wanted to spend.

I ordered one yesterday from Swillington Shooting Supplies and it arrived this morning, excellent service.

As has been said, it's a bit rough and ready, but for the cost £75 90p including the postage, it is just the job.

I'm 6'2" and 16 1/2 stone, and I feel confident it will do the job no problem.

Just need to take it out and test it now.

Regards Mike.

I ordered one yesterday from Swillington Shooting Supplies and it arrived this morning, excellent service.

As has been said, it's a bit rough and ready, but for the cost £75 90p including the postage, it is just the job.

I'm 6'2" and 16 1/2 stone, and I feel confident it will do the job no problem.

Just need to take it out and test it now.

Regards Mike.

You get what you pay for. The Idleback is hugely better quality and will outlast the one supplied by Swillington.

I do not use my Idleback as much as expected as any chair takes a bit of hefting around but now with the lighter and warmer evenings it will be used more.

My CZ .22 with Sentinel night vision is a bit of a beast to hold and the chair makes sitting out on the golf course popping off rabbits fairly leisurely.

Les

It does look good but I'd say the Idleback looks and probably is more sturdier.The bottom line is,is that I'd think about paying the extra money and get the Idleback over the Swillington one.

I had a look at one of the Swillington ones which were on sale at cheshire gun room about 6 months back..id also seen the idle back a few yrs ago at midland and on looking at the cheaper chair it didnt look as sturdy which if using a CF you would want..i gave it a few yrs before i eventually bought the idle back and im very impressed and its had a few alterations since i first seen it at midland all them yrs back.plus you can also get various attachments for it now.

For the extra money and peace of mind it wont clapse on you id go for idle back cost me 280ish.

Mick

In fairness the model from Swillington may be rather crude but seems more than strong enough to me,also unlike the Idleback,it has an elbow rest which aids steady shooting for me.Although I stated "roughly hewn" in previous post I am more than happy with mine.I did find the seat too high for my "Doghouse" hide so cut the legs down a little & rewelded feet.In my case I can't afford/justify the price of an Idleback & at my age "last a lifetime" has a lesser meaning.

post-3485-0-49321500-1302893331.jpg

Horses for courses as they say, if you wish for a sedentary lifestyle and have your surfs to transport and set up your lounger then of course it has a place.

Fortunately I am still a bit mobile, and would be bored out of my pants if my days highlight was to sit in a chair in the same place for a few hours, do they do slippers as well?

:D:lol::lol::lol::good:

I had a look at one of the Swillington ones which were on sale at cheshire gun room about 6 months back..id also seen the idle back a few yrs ago at midland and on looking at the cheaper chair it didnt look as sturdy which if using a CF you would want..i gave it a few yrs before i eventually bought the idle back and im very impressed and its had a few alterations since i first seen it at midland all them yrs back.plus you can also get various attachments for it now.

For the extra money and peace of mind it wont clapse on you id go for idle back cost me 280ish.

Mick

well sorry to put what you say out the window but the Boss-snipe as they are called

is well capable of shooting the C/F as I have taken good shots off it to over 200

and just looking at a way to do legs and will be A1 then

Think its well worth the money and the way that Swillington handled the order cant go wrong