Fox Hunting with hounds.

Spara Dritto

166 members have voted

1. 1. Pro or anti fox hunting?

• Pro.
    • Anti.

Hunting actually has a benifit to the Fox in general which nobody notices much at all or evens thinks about. Its a major reason that at some time ago our fox population in this country or most other countries that hunt with hounds had a population of good strong fit Fox's. There was little inbreeding which as most should know will throw out genetic problems due to inter breeding of Fox's,over or under shot jaws,joint problems, behaviour problems the list could go on, but due to hunts dispersing the Fox it was forcing them to breed further a field,plus it was mostly the unfit animals that were actually the only ones that met there death.

Many a time hunts are out and actually returned without a kill, for pest control it is not the most efficient way at all,in fact it has to be one of the most labour intensive ways of killing anything. But as has been said there is more to it than going out just for the kill.

Heres a thought for a few of you

There would be a few on here that may not have been given the oppertunity to aquire a FAC had the hunt ban not have gone the way it did.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL :rolleyes:

Got you all burning eh!

Thats what foe public already thinks

I think you need to look at it and get you're heads of of the sand.

I personally dont mind any kind of huntung. Bow, rifle. shotgun, hounds, ferrets, terriers, hellicopter, boat, whatever. Not a problem. Its the kill and the reason for the death. Kill for food or for the health of the land or kill to protect whats you'rs. I will help anyone with that. Killing with hounds does what, that a kill with an efficient, quick weapon cant do?. Hunting with hounds is a lot of fun and is providing much and varied employement. Killing with hounds is very counterproductive to the sport because of the percieved savagery at the end for the "CUTE PET DOG shaped fox" I will never knowingly end a life in a slow and painful way. I will always be efficient. Thats my choice. I dont mind how anyone else kills but joe public does!

LOL :rolleyes:

Got you all burning eh!

Thats what foe public already thinks

I think you need to look at it and get you're heads of of the sand.

I personally dont mind any kind of huntung. Bow, rifle. shotgun, hounds, ferrets, terriers, hellicopter, boat, whatever. Not a problem. Its the kill and the reason for the death. Kill for food or for the health of the land or kill to protect whats you'rs. I will help anyone with that. Killing with hounds does what, that a kill with an efficient, quick weapon cant do?. Hunting with hounds is a lot of fun and is providing much and varied employement. Killing with hounds is very counterproductive to the sport because of the percieved savagery at the end for the "CUTE PET DOG shaped fox" I will never knowingly end a life in a slow and painful way. I will always be efficient. Thats my choice. I dont mind how anyone else kills but joe public does!

You should be OK tin cans don't feel pain. You really don't have a clue. Your laughable :lol:

How would a fox die a slow death when caught by the hounds, you have no idea and spout rubbish you have heard from the antis.

Hunting with dogs has been going on longer than the concept of buying food from the shops and people are so detacted they can form an opinion on something they have never experienced.

People want to ban everything these days, before long all what is left will be shopping and working and twitter to tell people that you went to work and went shopping.

The children that get torn into by a family pet or 3 are probably not in any pain while they are being torn into then!

The other remarks are unfortunately going to come true due to a very single minded and insular attitude inside hunting in general.

Death of any kind is very emotive. The general or joe (foe) public need to be educated but the walls are up so they dont see the big picture. To bring on some game birds for a shoot is something they see as barbaric and pointless. They see cows and sheep and deer in a field and meat on a plate but not the bolt to the head and the knife across the throat. With the birds they see the bird fly then a person in a (countryside shooting uniform) with a big shot gun take it out of the sky. They dont see all the training of the gun dogs and that the birds usually die quickly or that the money it generates for the local and national economy would be sorely missed let alone all the jobs it creates. They only see the (not everyday clothing) the kill and the party.

So there you are, rifle in hand and you take your shot. BADOOOOOM there goes an ear! You think, oh well i'll take another. BADOOOOOM There goes a bottom lip and a knee joint. The fox is trying its best to escape but hey!!! You got another shot ready. BADOOOOM and there goes a big lump of thigh and half its bum but still it wants to escape. BADOOOOM another one takes a whole foot off! BADOOOOOM there goes its bottom jaw and now its unable to move. You walk up to the animal and leaning close, you look it in the what you think is an eye and BADOOOOOM you make the kill because you are a rubbish shot and dont care about much thats alive really.

You bag up the vile creature and off you go to the pub to sing songs of blood and guts and get wasted with the mates that paid to watch you kill it.

All the above apart from the party time is cruel and needless.

You can do all of the above with a pack of hounds and put the creature through much the same torture.

certainly much better to learn how to shoot and where to shoot at. You can still have the party.

Unless you're the kind of person that likes to see a slow and bloody death.

I personally respect all life and cannot find enjoyment in pain and suffering.

If the only way to protect what you have is to kill then kill all you need to.

Hunting with hounds seems like a grotesque and antiquated way of getting together and having some fun with mates you want to show off to.

We all think and live differently to one another but who on here would take a long slow time and many bad shots to make a kill?

Not me for one. ONE CLEAN SHOT, ONE KILL

So you have never been foxhunting with hounds then.

Its a pity, because if you had you wouldn't have typed that very skewed version of imagined events.

Its always the same. Laugh at your ememy and they will shoot you dead and laugh back. The antis will eat you alive. The public will always have a negative view of hunting for as long as you think they are fools. Are children fools because they can't read a book yet! If you keep laughing at joe public they will continue to dislike you. If you use a little intelligence and educate them they may come to understand you. They are not fools. They missunderstand or have little knowlege and all you do is laugh at them. Joe public is a vast resource that can be used for good or bad depending on who is the best educator. Is that the pro hunting or the anti hunting? If joe publics view of hunting wasn't so clouded with childhood memories of cute fluffy bunny images there would be no need for a debate. Everyone would see food, tools and wealth when they look at animals and not the cuddly little fluff balls with sad eyes that they are being taught that they are. I personally think its a waste to let hounds rip into a fox that has the potential to be clothing or food for my animals. All children should be taught from a very early age that animals and plants should be given care and be respected because they are made of food and can be used as tools or clothing. Our whole culture is geared around political correctness when it should be geared around respect for ourselves and the land we live with. Dogs are tools for hunting and whatever else you can think up for them but to let them make what looks like an out of control kill shows a lack of adequate training. Joe public just imagines a loud and savage free for all followed by someone on a horse being what they see as a hooray henry laughing about it and getting hammered. Oh look, its another toff that gives not a jot about anything but his fun. Let me see you change that by just laughing at the antis and telling them they dont understand. Of course they dont. Thats the reason they are anti.

Hunting actually has a benifit to the Fox in general which nobody notices much at all or evens thinks about. Its a major reason that at some time ago our fox population in this country or most other countries that hunt with hounds had a population of good strong fit Fox's. There was little inbreeding which as most should know will throw out genetic problems due to inter breeding of Fox's,over or under shot jaws,joint problems, behaviour problems the list could go on, but due to hunts dispersing the Fox it was forcing them to breed further a field,plus it was mostly the unfit animals that were actually the only ones that met there death.

Many a time hunts are out and actually returned without a kill, for pest control it is not the most efficient way at all,in fact it has to be one of the most labour intensive ways of killing anything. But as has been said there is more to it than going out just for the kill.

Heres a thought for a few of you

There would be a few on here that may not have been given the oppertunity to aquire a FAC had the hunt ban not have gone the way it did.

All animals benefit from varied gene pools but if the fox is a pest, Why would you want to have strong, fit ones? You wouldn't want strong, fit rats and myxomatosis was introduced to rabbits to weaken and kill them. Just a joe public thought.

well this thread was started by the uninformed and looks to be finishing like it. The reason people don't agree with hunting is nothing to do with actual cruelty its perceived cruelty because they have never taken part or watched it done. Foxhounds certainly don't take long to kill a fox

well this thread was started by the uninformed and looks to be finishing like it. The reason people don't agree with hunting is nothing to do with actual cruelty its perceived cruelty because they have never taken part or watched it done. Foxhounds certainly don't take long to kill a fox

Agreed :good:

A hound will finish a fox like a terrier will kill a rat.... instantly.

Too right :good: But no one with enough power or cash seems to be bothered to put the time in to change it.

They just laugh at them and shout "YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU"RE TALKNG ABOUT"

Long live the ignorant. Unfortunately.

actually the reason they aren't shouting is much of it still goes on with loopholes so legal hunting still carries on. Doesn't look any different when you see them out here though I believe they had an accident with the Golden Eagle they were using so had to find another loophole :oops: About all that has actually stopped is hunting hares

Its always the same. Laugh at your ememy and they will shoot you dead and laugh back. The antis will eat you alive. The public will always have a negative view of hunting for as long as you think they are fools. Are children fools because they can't read a book yet! If you keep laughing at joe public they will continue to dislike you. If you use a little intelligence and educate them they may come to understand you. They are not fools. They missunderstand or have little knowlege and all you do is laugh at them. Joe public is a vast resource that can be used for good or bad depending on who is the best educator. Is that the pro hunting or the anti hunting? If joe publics view of hunting wasn't so clouded with childhood memories of cute fluffy bunny images there would be no need for a debate. Everyone would see food, tools and wealth when they look at animals and not the cuddly little fluff balls with sad eyes that they are being taught that they are. I personally think its a waste to let hounds rip into a fox that has the potential to be clothing or food for my animals. All children should be taught from a very early age that animals and plants should be given care and be respected because they are made of food and can be used as tools or clothing. Our whole culture is geared around political correctness when it should be geared around respect for ourselves and the land we live with. Dogs are tools for hunting and whatever else you can think up for them but to let them make what looks like an out of control kill shows a lack of adequate training. Joe public just imagines a loud and savage free for all followed by someone on a horse being what they see as a hooray henry laughing about it and getting hammered. Oh look, its another toff that gives not a jot about anything but his fun. Let me see you change that by just laughing at the antis and telling them they dont understand. Of course they dont. Thats the reason they are anti.

Have to say,there's a lot in there I have to agree with.A lot of us have certainly lost sight of where our food comes from,how it is processed and the spin-off procedures entailed while ensuring that animal stock is protected long enough to get it to market.

There are many people who are happy enough to eat meat but frown upon the processes its production requires.The sentence about our culture being geared towards political correctness rather than respect for ourselves and the land live on is particularly pertinent.I'm not suggesting we step back in time,but we're certainly heading in the wrong direction....it'll all end in tears.Good post.

Not something i would do myself i think, but i don't have a problem with it. Its a long established tradition, part of the countryside and its been taken away by people who dont know all the facts and have probably never hunted anything in their pathetic little lives. People say the chase stresses the fox, but what about flushing birds or deer etc? The main opporessors to fox hunting are the so called peace loving anarchists. You only need take one look at these people to realise they know nothing.

• 4 weeks later...

Big lesson we should all have learnt ALL fieldsports should stick together regardless of individual thoughts as the antis are clever and superbly organised that they will pick us all off one by one until theres just paint balling left !!

You are so right on that one. All they want you to do is just sit and watch TV and pay TAX :good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good:

Have to say,there's a lot in there I have to agree with.A lot of us have certainly lost sight of where our food comes from,how it is processed and the spin-off procedures entailed while ensuring that animal stock is protected long enough to get it to market.

There are many people who are happy enough to eat meat but frown upon the processes its production requires.The sentence about our culture being geared towards political correctness rather than respect for ourselves and the land live on is particularly pertinent.I'm not suggesting we step back in time,but we're certainly heading in the wrong direction....it'll all end in tears.Good post.

I have to say you are right. You hit the spot with that one.I used to turn pigs in to pork chops and if people saw what went on most would go veggie !. People think that meat comes from a plastic tray. Just ask any kid today

for my part I would like to see a Continuation of hunting for two reasons .

1 when the anti's finish with fox hunting they will set their sights on the evils of shooting. luckily the incompetent/illiterate labour lot made an absolute **** of the hunting with dogs act so when the anti's thought they'd won outright the battle's still going on.

2 there is no top totty to trump totty in breeches and hunting pinks.( think chaps I know some have a tendency to start to look like their charges but they are posh, have well developed legs and bum, are willing to shovel **** and happy to gyrate on top of a sweatty beast all day :lol::hmm::lol: )

• 5 weeks later...

i am 100% pro hunting, have hunted in various ways and will continue to do so. it's all well and good people saying they'd rather shoot it with rifle at x amount of yards. perhaps this does equal a quicker kill which maybe is better for the individual fox. however, i think even the most ardent pest controller would agree that they would not want to see foxes wiped out, extinct from these shores. for this reason, i beleive hunting to be the best form of control. the houns usually catch those that are old, weak or injured, the ones more likely to become a pest to farmers as they struggle to catch wild food. when lamping with rifle, you identify it as a fox and thats it. no idea on age, condition, sex until after the trigger is pulled.

hunting is a wonderfully british rural tradition. i think we have had enough of our traditions and rights taken away from us and we need to stand up for what we believe in.

i am 100% pro hunting, have hunted in various ways and will continue to do so. it's all well and good people saying they'd rather shoot it with rifle at x amount of yards. perhaps this does equal a quicker kill which maybe is better for the individual fox. however, i think even the most ardent pest controller would agree that they would not want to see foxes wiped out, extinct from these shores. for this reason, i beleive hunting to be the best form of control. the houns usually catch those that are old, weak or injured, the ones more likely to become a pest to farmers as they struggle to catch wild food. when lamping with rifle, you identify it as a fox and thats it. no idea on age, condition, sex until after the trigger is pulled.

hunting is a wonderfully british rural tradition. i think we have had enough of our traditions and rights taken away from us and we need to stand up for what we believe in.

that sums it up for me.....whether pro or anti....people should be free do what they like...as long as its within the rules and laws of the land.

not my cuppa tea i will admit....but hey if thats what floats your boat...then you should be allowed to do it...after all....we are supposed to live in a free society...are we not?

james

p.s. should be the option of "other" on the poll. :good:

Edited by jimbo1

Bear baiting, cock fighting, soggy biscuit :oops: ; some traditions shouldn't be kept just because they are traditions.

Ok, bit of a 'troll' thing to say, but there are good arguments on both sides, but in my eyes tradition for it's own sake isn't one.