Pigeon Magnet

lazza

Your right I don’t think they would like it but it depends if they have a patent on it.  If they don't want people to copy it they should charge a reasonable price.

I know that there is a lot of development involve but the basic kit cant cost more then £50.00 its only an old wiper motor and some steel from the local fabrication company and they the tools to but it together.

:evil:

Hiya Mick

It had'nt thought about just using one flapper arm,sometimes I find it hard enough to balance the magnet with two of the same.If they made the parts cheaper I'm sure more people would buy them.I noticed a set of second hand flappers in the Sporting Gun for £200! Was that supposed to be a bargain?& secondly why were they being sold?

Does it take much longer to set up with the strings?And more importantly does it take longer to pack away?

If I win the lottery I'll buy you another flapper arm!

All the best

I think all this talk of flapper arms is nonsense,heres the method I use.......you need to employ a small boy(cost about£1 per day).Paste the boy with a generous amount of PVA glue and roll him in several sacks of pigeon feathers,taking care to glue the primaries on his arms properly.

Next,force him to run about in your pattern shouting"coo coo",with the occasional simulated peck.He may object,just remind him he is getting paid.

This method really works,only last week I shot 7342 pigeons in 25 minutes!!!!!...........