Electrical Air rifles ?

Salop Matt

That's an interesting angle. Using the same logic would it not follow that if I dismantled my Rapid for servicing then it becomes "capable" of being assembled into a firearm ?

Also, the valve return spring isn't exactly a device for reducing power, it's an essential part of the rifle without which the rifle can dump more air than intended, especially at low fill pressure.

Oooh Catweazle, you are such a rascal..... :lol:

Now that is an interesting point. I have never tried to fiddle with my Rapid although I did get a copy of the instructions on a cd how to modify it and bring it up to FAC power as, once upon a time, that was my intention. I changed my mind when I realised that it was (legally) a one way process and would devalue it considerably. It is my favourite gun for accuracy - and that wonderful trigger. I just wish it had similar capability to my .22lr and .17hmr.

I have a horrible feeling that, strictly speaking, you might be right about it being "capable" if you serviced it. That is a problem with so much of our law, it is all a bit grey. The reality is that, perhaps, er, well maybe, but then again, er, full moon, er ...... if you drew attention to yourself and gave the police a reason to want to do you for something and if you had twiddled with your gun, even to service it, which enabled them to demonstrate "capable", you may find yourself in court and needing a well informed defence lawyer.

In reality I cannot see that happening under normal circumstances and the best defence is that when tested - as used day to day - it comes out under 12ftlbs. A bit worrying though as it does leave us open to prosecution.

I certainly don't trust the police any more these days which, as a middle class, respectable, law abiding, Conservative voting, respected citizen, is a pretty damn awful thing to say. The police have a difficult job to do but there are too many instances where they go for easy targets and no longer seem to want to use any discretion, motoring offences are the easiest examples. Use a mobile phone while stationary in a traffic jam and get done - why? No road safety element, not even moving. The police still use hand held radios while speeding with blue lights single crewed, how dangerous is that. Sorry... I digress and could go on for page after page....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic