Should I start over and re-learn myself

sg1

At the moment I shoot clays without my glasses on and I can see the clay fine but I'm wondering- am I seeing it where it 'actually is'?

I tried shooting with my glasses a few months ago when I first got them and hit nothing, then I took them off and hit the very next clay!! but lately I've been having issues with some seemingly 'easy' targets such as springing teals or right to left crossers. Obviously glasses alter the sight picture and perception of what you see but I think it may be a good idea to learn myself again with the glasses on as my eyes are not going to get better are they?

My mount is okay,

My follow through is okay now,

my gun fit is comfortable,

My chokes are 1/2 and 3/4

I 'should' be hitting more after a year at it almost every Sunday :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

atvb

sg1

Having said that I bought a pair of these recently

http://www.rxsport.co.uk/categories/Browse-by-Sport/Shooting/Shooting-Prescription-Sunglasses/WiinnerColt-Prescription-Shooting-Glasses/

Which my daughters call pedo glasses but great field of view though!!

Your daughters are right. :yp:

Edited by The Duncan

I wear glasses and find that if the two "nose clips (Sorry I don't know the technical name for the) is not a good fir and they slip down your nose a fraction they can alter the line of sight. I'm not saying this is what is happening with your glasses but could this be what is happening with you?

There's an awful lot of tosh written about eye glasses (mostly by people trying to sell you some) so beware.I know, I was caught by an optician who said I needed lenses to shoot with, my shooting instructor at the time told me to throw them away which I did and I've never used glasses since! Not that I'm a George Digweed mind!

You don't say how old you are but consider this, as we age our sight changes (no revolation that) but your eye dominence can alter from right eye dominence to left eye dominence and vice versa. Personally if you're serious about your shooting I'd find a good coach and get some input from them. By good I don't mean your average club registered tutor working under that old motto, 'those who can, do, those who can't, teach' but a professional who's been there and got the T Shirt. Someone like John Bidwell, or Karl Bloxham both of who run masterclasses.

Explore the possibility of contact lenses. I had the problem you describe as I got to retirement age. I am a wildfowler and like fowling in fowl weather! Rain and glasses don't go together. I was on the point of giving up when a mate suggested contacts. They gave me enormous problems at first. Finding the right ones for me was an adventure into patience for myself and my optician due my suffering glaucoma and other problems. But we got there in the end.

It changed my shooting life. I had never considered that in order to keep the target in focus with glasses you have to move your head - with lenses you only move your eyes!

Everything became much simpler - shotties and rifles.

*** things to get in and out 'till you get a little experience with them.

But it was all worth the effort and I now never shoot without them. Still use glasses for everything else.

Thanks for replies guys!!

To answer the age question, I'm 32.

To answer the glasses 'slipping' question, I don't think it's doing that.

I will try half a round with glasses and half without and see how it goes.

atvb

sg1

Also check that the top edge of the frames isn't obscuring your line of sight when you have the gun mounted and are looking at the target. Sounds obvious and I'm sure you've already checked it but worth thinking about.

Glasses+rain+movement=pain in the ****. Contacts or the laser are the way ahead.