pigeon shooting guides

viking

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do a bit of guiding.

It's not my main income by a long way (I'd be skint if it was)

I only take people when I think there is something to go at although as we all know professional or otherwise pigeons are never guarenteed.

What I don't do is poach land off of other shooters, if I knock at a farmers door and they already have someone shooting their land I don't offer them money to try and nick it off the guys that are shooting it.

I also charge very little I think, normally around £60, the last 3 guys I've took out have needed moving and I have done £30 in diesel.

So a whole day out spent with them for £30.

For 30 years I have given my shooting away to friends ect only to find you don't get a lot back and it ends up costing me money.

I keep hearing stories of guys being dumped in a field and left there all day, people being clicked and charged per shot.

At the end of the day you vote with your feet, if you feel the guide hasn't looked after you then you won't use them again.

Surely any guide would want repeat business.

The biggest complaint I hear from farmers is not about seasonal shooters so much as weekend shooters, if they have a problem they want it sorted asap.

What i will say to the guys that have no land to shoot is don't be afraid to knock doors, if you see pigeons on a field or scarers out go speak to the farmer, he can only say yes or no, and once you have one farm you'll find more will come along if you do a good job.

all the back stabbing been gan on 4 years & wont eva change a get my shooting straight from the horses mouth,the farmer knows how far a travel&is always glad when i call him the nite b4 i go down :yes: and i have several uva farmer friends he has put me in contact with..nowt worse than people back stabbing when we all love 2 do our sport b it hobby or guided,were supposed 2 stik 2 geva.,.... SAKE!!!!! :/

Sorry "Russ", having done some investigating it appears that you are not a "newbie" but a banned member who in his last incarnation claimed to have lots of experience and acres and acres of land to shoot over.

Have a nice day.

:lol::lol::lol:

Does he ever give up?

• 10 months later...

To knock people such as the Beasleys especially on the basis of a single days (poor) shooting isn’t on. Just remember who first (I know there’s some who dispute it) bought you the likes of the Pigeon Magnet so many are now keen to copy. Like ‘em or not they’ve done more for pigeon shooting and pigeon shooters than all the members on here!

Matt hance designed the pigeon magnet the Beasley and Matt fell out for reason I dont know Matt no longer works for them.

All the best Andrew

AND MADE ALOT OF MONEY DONT FORGET THAT LITTLE POINT