fox shooting

andy pandy

hi chap`s,apart from pigeon`s and roe stalking i also shoot fox`s with my winchester model 70 in 22/250.Is there any other guy or girls that shoot fox`s if so get your pictures on this site and let us see them... B)hope to see or hear from you all soon bye for now..andy pandy.

post-11-1051955442.jpg

hi columbus glad to here you are keeping old foxy pinned down where you come from..lol. remy 700 is a great rifle and would have served you well.What ammo do you use,whats you longest kill,i`m going out again tonight, 4 times this week and had 5 kills old charlie will be getting wise to me as a couple already have and keep there distance,but they`ll slip up one night...lol. :devil:

hi chap`s,apart from pigeon`s and roe stalking i also shoot fox`s with my winchester model 70 in 22/250.Is there any other guy or girls that shoot fox`s if so get your pictures on this site and let us see them... B)hope to see or hear from you all soon bye for now..andy pandy.

Pity you didn't get a decent make of rifle.

sportgr.jpg

Longest shot so far was a whacking 165 paces, the keeper told me it was within 100yds until he went to get it!!! I am using 55gr Fed Classic as they were thrown in with the Remy 700 but will move to roll ups soon. I do like Seirra and was looking at 55gr Blitzking, they seem to be popular. I am going to put one of those huge moderators on it a T8 when funds allow. Had a chat with Mr Bucknall at the keepers fair an he suggested it, so why reinvent the wheel???

It groups nice a tight and is a real pleasure to shoot. Getting all excited now :devil:???:)

Went out for a fag last night and saw charlie stalking the sheep. didn't have my widow maker to hand which was a pity but he will be back :D

How did you get on AP?

Tell us your news

Rjimmer,is that a styer rifle??

Yep! SSG in .308.

Mine's got a Schmitt and Bender 8X56 scope on top.

One inch groups at 200 yrds with 180grn Norma factory loads.

The next one will be one or the Remingtons in .223. I would like the 40 XB but the Sendero is a thousand quid cheaper. I like long barrels!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I use a Custom Remington 700, striped down and redone by Riflecraft Ltd. (LSR1)

LisaLSR1S.jpg

Guarenteed 1/2 MOA @ 100, using factory ammo, mine will do even better than that.

H&S precision stock, leopold scope. 600 yards, no problems!

I use Federal Prem 70g Nosler Ballistic Tips. (.243)

Once I've shot the barrel out, I'm going to gave it re-done my Callum Ferguson.

My old Gun was a Sako 75, heavy barrel. Also a lovely fun, but the custom Remy outshoots it by a pinch.

doublefox.JPG

Hi guy`s i`m back, been in the north sea for two weeks...glad to see some more foxers on this page.Nice photo`s your rifle looks great and those fox`s look like they won`t be stealing any more pheasants.I`ve just pillar bedded and free floated my barrel and reloaded some new ammo.... :blink: so charlie better watch out,as soon as it stops raining i might get out and re-zero my pride and joy.Some good long distance shots there and i will look forward to chatting with you all and seeing lots more photos.... ??? .My longest fox was 279 yards and i have taken a hare at 311 all one shot kills and the range was confirmed before the shots with a lazer range finder. :lol:.Keep charlie pinned down guys and shoot safley.

if you hit the right spot with a 22 would you bring down a (not to large) fox?

Do most people use a 223 or what?Farmer next door is getting very cross as charlie is stealin all his hens, went round to shoot some rabbs and there were feathers here and there and the odd headless, so red_stag if your dads in need of a fox to shoot...