Semi views

Schmoo

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't hear much about the baikal compared to the hatsan, but there is an amazing video on YouTube of a guy SERIOUSLY abusing the baikal and it still working.

I was considering a baikal, but a beretta felt better to me.

the video of the man seriously abusing his Baikal

There is a New Baikal MP-153 on Guntrader at £549, slightly over you'r budget, but a absolutely great gun, and very much well worth the money. The gun is reliable, very durable, a good looker, and built to last as Baikal's are ;) ;) ;)

Here's a Link ;)

The seller also says on the advert that the gun will cycle 21g right upto 63g (as it's a 3 1/2")

The gun should be considered even though it's slightly over budget ;) ;) ;)

True, its a fab gun, I might have to save up a little longer for it, I have had Biakals in the past, proper rugged gun.

Schmoo

well i have finally got one ! :D

I went for a 3 year old Baikal MP153 28" in wood. Very good condition, was a touch dirty inside now nice and clean. Came complete with original box, all the chokes and key and a nice dark brown leather sling, oh and a few 3.5" magnum shells too.

For £300, hope thats not too much money ! I couldn't find one anywhere s/h so when this one came up thought "got to get in quick"

Its not the most refined gun in the world, not for hanging on the wall, more suited to banging in nails.

Seems robust and strongly made, wood could have been nicer and finished better, but nothing a friend won't have sorted in a few evenings of cleaning, polishing and doing whatever french polishers do ( polish french stuff I guess ) :lol:

Picked it up and noticed it was a touch front heavy, nothing a few oz put in the stock wont sort out.

Fitted like a glove lifted, into shoulder and eye is bang on where I want it.

Just got to put it to the test and see how she gets on.

Schmoo.

I've had my Beretta 301 from new it must be 30+ years old now, never had a moments trouble with it ( until I typed that ) and will never sell it, even when I add an A400 to my cabinet. Older Berettas and probably all autos don't like light loads from my experience.

Well I have finally got one !

I went for a 3 year old Baikal MP153 28" in wood. Very good condition, was a touch dirty inside now nice and clean. Came complete with original box, all the chokes and key and a nice dark brown leather sling, oh and a few 3.5" magnum shells too.

For £300, hope thats not too much money ! I couldn't find one anywhere s/h so when this one came up thought "got to get in quick"

Its not the most refined gun in the world, not for hanging on the wall, more suited to banging in nails.

Seems robust and strongly made, wood could have been nicer and finished better, but nothing a friend won't have sorted in a few evenings of cleaning, polishing and doing whatever french polishers do ( polish french stuff I guess )

Picked it up and noticed it was a touch front heavy, nothing a few oz put in the stock wont sort out.

Schmoo.

Well I have finally got one !

Seems robust and strongly made, wood could have been nicer and finished better, but nothing a friend won't have sorted in a few evenings of cleaning, polishing and doing whatever french polishers do ( polish french stuff I guess )

Schmoo.

Let us know how she goes and how you get on with her. ;) ;) ;)

I personally haven't seen a wooden one yet, and i would imagine that they are quite rare in the UK. You must have been lucky to find one

Let us know how she goes and how you get on with her. ;) ;) ;)

I personally haven't seen a wooden one yet, and i would imagine that they are quite rare in the UK. You must have been lucky to find one

I will do, she is in bits at the moment.

The wood had been linseed oiled by the previous owner and wasn't a finish I liked.

I have stripped and drawn the oil out of the wood and am trying to decide what to replace the finish with, I don't want a gloss finish and am not keep on a glass like finish I prefer to be able to feel the wood and not the 2mm thick layer of varnish.

I might just use a waterproof stain of whatever colour takes my fancy while in the shop, I wonder if several coats of teak oil put on and polished off will give the desired effect and protection.

Schmoo.

Edited by Schmoo

• 1 month later...

Well I satin coated her right up and took down the clays and to my permission. She works like to dream, I put 28g clay loads righg thru to some big old 42g 3's and she didnt miss a beat. I even ran 3 differnt loads in 3 case lengths in one go and no problem at all. The only negative is the fact it spits spent shell into the long grass and I spend ages trying to find them.

In conclusion not the prettiest gun in the world but as a tool its intended for, first class bit of kit.

Schmoo.