Aggressive Rottweiler Thread!

fortune82

As you may have seen I started a thread a few days back about a troublesome dog I encounter when walking my dog.

To cut a long story short it is not true! I was doing some reading relating to work about dealing with conflict in a management situation and thought I would conduct a little experiment! I deliberately posted a controversial thread and sat back to see what would happen.

In my initial post I was careful not to use the word "shoot" for the very reasons people have sited, SGC in danger etc.

I am sorry if I wound people up. It did get a bit out of hand to be honest!!

Anyway it proved a couple of things I was reading about.

If you carry out another "survey" I would recommend you don't mention a specific breed of dog. Being a Rottweiler owner for many years I am loyal to safe guarding the breed of which mp"s have discussed banning. So using a Rottweiler as a scape goat for any agressive dog is severely damaging to the breeds reputation. We all know it's down to the owners how dogs turn out. You may think I'm over reacting but pigeon watch has a vast number of members and I would rather them pro instead of anti Rottweilers as the media has already demonized them.

If you carry out another "survey" I would recommend you don't mention a specific breed of dog. Being a Rottweiler owner for many years I am loyal to safe guarding the breed of which mp"s have discussed banning. So using a Rottweiler as a scape goat for any agressive dog is severely damaging to the breeds reputation. We all know it's down to the owners how dogs turn out. You may think I'm over reacting but pigeon watch has a vast number of members and I would rather them pro instead of anti Rottweilers as the media has already demonized them.

AS a mastiff & GSD owner I fully agree :yes:

Blame the deed - not the breed I say :good: its all down to owners full stop.

As you may have seen I started a thread a few days back about a troublesome dog I encounter when walking my dog.

To cut a long story short it is not true! I was doing some reading relating to work about dealing with conflict in a management situation and thought I would conduct a little experiment! I deliberately posted a controversial thread and sat back to see what would happen.

In my initial post I was careful not to use the word "shoot" for the very reasons people have sited, SGC in danger etc.

Really? :hmm:

I'm curious. How did your experiment relate to dealing with conflict in a 'management situation'?

:hmm:

So asking people how to wrestle a Rottweiler helps you in management! God I'm out of touch!

This stinks more than your original post!

Call me sarcastic but maybe this thread should have been called "Backtracking"

Edited by Cosd

well said that man had mine 13 years he was as soft as brush we had him be fore the kids came a long? and they would play all day he would not bat a eye lid its how u bring them up not the bread of dog

Edited by magnum

fortune82 - you may have owned up, but what in the world possessed you to be so irresponsible?

It isn't something I would be proud of.

Certain breeds get bad press because some idiots tend to generalise about the breed rather than looking at the owners. Your thread continued that stupidity.

fortune82 - you may have owned up, but what in the world possessed you to be so irresponsible?

It isn't something I would be proud of.

Certain breeds get bad press because some idiots tend to generalise about the breed rather than looking at the owners. Your thread continued that stupidity.

Exactly. Though I'm not so certain all is as it seems with Fortune's threads.Very bizarre.